Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put a 3/0 daystar levelling kit on in December and now I'm noticing my front tires are wearing out on the outside of the tread. Is there any way to fix this problem without taking out the kit?

Reactions: serberus

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I did the very next day I got it done. Every now and then I'll have some alignment issues where I drift to the right. I have taken it to the shop a few times to fix this problem.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
def an alignment issue, sounds like your tires are like thus \ /

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
How sure is pretty sure?

Do you have your print-out end figures?

Reactions: serberus and theoat

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Well if you're getting crazy wear then they didn't do it right. I used the specs and my front tires are barely wearing on the outside due to cornering.

Take those specs to a shop that works on lifted trucks or knows what they're doing before you waste more money on tires and post up the alignment specs and people should be able to verify it's done right.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anybody have these specs I can reference. And find def will go somewhere else instead.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Go to a good alignment shop that uses computer-laser alignmet. I went to El Cheapo shop and wasted my $$. don't sacrifice a good alignment over a few dollars! In retrospect, I should have run when I saw the dude whip out the measuring tape!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Have the same daystar leveling kit and got the alignment done at a good shop and the specs they gave me we pretty good. No problems with uneven tire wear and it's been about 3k miles so far. I should mention I did add Coachbuilder +2" shackles because the daystar kit gave it too much front rake like a per runner look.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had the same problem with the alignment Keith Pierson Toyota gave me after my level kit install. I took SoCal's specs to Sun Tire on Race Track Road and couldn't be happier with their work.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts