Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post on here about a rumour Pro Comp was coming out with a 4" lift, so I contacted Pro Comp and here's the info from their Sales/Tech/Customer Service Supervisor: -

It is true, we have just finished the testing of the kit, it will be available in a stage I and Stage II option.
The Stage I will consist of:Front and rear cross member dropsFront spindlesSway bar drop brackets,Rear blocks,Compression strutsAll related hardwareFront factory strut spacerWith ES9000 shocks
Stage II will consist of:Front and rear cross member dropsFront spindlesSway bar drop brackets,Rear blocks,Compression strutsAll related hardwareCoil over's for the frontMX performance shocks for the rear/
A great thing about this kit, Is it will still clear 35" tall tires, andthere is no cutting on the factory cross member on 4wd models.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I hope it is half the price of the 6" lift version.

now, I don't have to go with the leveling kit since a 4" lift is going to be available.

op: did you get pricing and eta date of availability?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'll say it again. If you have a 3/1 leveling kit and you park next to a truck with 6" lift your going to wish that you went with 6'' lift. The same thing is going to happen with the
4" kit.

MOP.

·
Registered
707 Posts
lol i hope its not like rough countrys pricing

4" rough country is 1249.99
6" is 1299.99 like wth?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did they mention anything about pricing?
No, but I just replied back to him to ask that and ETA of availability..I'll post it up if/when he replies back to me.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll say it again. If you have a 3/1 leveling kit and you park next to a truck with 6" lift your going to wish that you went with 6'' lift. The same thing is going to happen with the
4" kit.

MOP.
I hear you, but a lot of people don't want to cut the crossmember or go quite that high. I've got a kid on the way in 8 weeks and it would be hard enough getting the wifes approval to get a lift this high + new tires. Hopefully my tax return goes well...
I'll have to see the pricing, but I would imagine it would be comparable to the RC.

·
Banned
387 Posts
hmmmmm this has me contemplating now.

I have a brand new PC Stage1 in the box. For some reason I have been scared about cutting the dumb cross member.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a reply from Pro Comp....No ETA or pricing as of yet. They are finalizing the kit and told me to check back in 30 days.

Someone send me a reminder in 30 days...

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
i would like a 4" lift i will probably still just do a 3/1 i dont have much interest in getting 35"+ tires i just want 33's which can be fit with a kit that only cost 200 bucks apposed to an inch more being over a grand or i would just do icons

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would like a 4" lift i will probably still just do a 3/1 i dont have much interest in getting 35"+ tires i just want 33's which can be fit with a kit that only cost 200 bucks apposed to an inch more being over a grand or i would just do icons
I was just going to do 5100's but I will wait to see what this kit costs.
It sounds like a good kit for 4wd's since the PP kit gives bad angles and no one seems to want to touch the RC kit.

·
Banned
387 Posts
Why get a 4" lift to clear 35's might as well go witha 6"
So you dont have to cut the cross member.

But Im not waiting 30 days + then waiting for it to come to market etc.

PLUS im wondering about CV angles with the 4" kit.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts

there is a drop bracket with this kit...takes care of CV's its not like they are putting a 4inch strut spacer... and calling it a day...but they are saying you dont have to cut anything with this drop bracket so IDK i guess we shall see.

·
Banned
387 Posts
there is a drop bracket with this kit...takes care of CV's its not like they are putting a 4inch strut spacer... and calling it a day...but they are saying you dont have to cut anything with this drop bracket so IDK i guess we shall see.
exactly, the front driveshaft can only drop down so far. Thanks for clarifying they weren't just putting a spacer on top of the strut, thats exactly what I thought a company like Pro Comp would do.:banghead:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The angles would depend on how much they are able to drop the diff.
I would imagine they would be similar to the RC kit(in the pic)...which don't look any worse than a 3/1

·
Banned
387 Posts
The angles would depend on how much they are able to drop the diff.
I would imagine they would be similar to the RC kit(in the pic)...which don't look any worse than a 3/1
Yeah, thats not bad at all.

I imagine the cost will be close to the 6" maybe like $200 less or so, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
exactly, the front driveshaft can only drop down so far. Thanks for clarifying they weren't just putting a spacer on top of the strut, thats exactly what I thought a company like Pro Comp would do.:banghead:
Well thanks for asking about CV angles and about how far of a drop diff they will do.....hence DROP BRACKET they will probably make ...obviously its going to be more than 1" because if it werent then they wouldnt make the bracket and just give you 2 washers instead...

·
Banned
387 Posts
Well thanks for asking about CV angles and about how far of a drop diff they will do.....hence DROP BRACKET...obviously its going to be more than 1" because if it werent then they wouldnt make the bracket and just give you 2 washers instead...
SO drop brackets do nothing more than move the diff down? WOW thats news to me! I thought they allowed the LCA's to move down, make room for longer knuckles ETC. Let me ask you this? How do you explain shity CV angles from other bracket lifts if thats what a drop bracket does?

how much room do you think there is between the cross member and the front propeller shaft on a factory truck?

Whatever, call Pro Comp, get a job there you are obviously a LEGEND and cruise the internet forums for a chance to jump on peoples comments and prove you are a suspension GOD.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts