Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all new here!

anyone have any experience with the pro comp nitro 3/1?

i just bought it along with bilstein 5100s all the way around... i know i can add more height in the front if the rear is too high, but is the nitro kit level or the front too high?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
If you use the 3/1 spacer and 5100's you might have difficulty getting a proper alignment since you will be over 3 inches of lift on the lowest 5100 setting.
You probably don't want to be over 3" of lift anyways if you have 4x4.

·
15,623 Posts
I started with a procomp 3+1
it was nice... until i took my truck off road.. then i realized that it limited my trucks capabilities... pulled that fukker off and threw on some Fox coilovers and total chaos UCA's... now its got the 3", maybe even 4" lift and i can run it off road.

but if you're just going for looks, then yeah the 3+1 does look much better than stock...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I started with a procomp 3+1
it was nice... until i took my truck off road.. then i realized that it limited my trucks capabilities... pulled that fukker off and threw on some Fox coilovers and total chaos UCA's... now its got the 3", maybe even 4" lift and i can run it off road.

but if you're just going for looks, then yeah the 3+1 does look much better than stock...
Can you elaborate on how it limited the capabilities? We're looking at the same kit for a truck that will see 80% on-road, 5% towing 3500 lbs, 15% trail 4x4 for camping and stuff.

We'll probably never fully articulate to raise a wheel (that's what Jeeps are for, for us). Of course I say that now, and then when I'm off-road, I'll be like "hell yeah we can go over that!" and end up three-wheelin'.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have a new question but related.

We bought a 2014 TRD last night and it has the Bilsteins. We want to clear 33s in front, but now I don't think the 3/1 pro comp is the right way to go.

What is the right way to clear 33" in the front on a 2014 TRD 4x4? Specifically going with 20x8.5 +10 offset KMC Slides with 275/60-20 Trail Grapps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts