Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I've been reading and trying to find answers to my questions without much luck. ive had hids for the past two years now and there breaking down. it now to the point that almost every 3 weeks the lights will take forever to light, with several atempts to light. so instead of buying another set of hide and dealing with the same problem in another two yrs i was thinking about doing the 9005 low beam upgrade. please give your advice on bulbs to try, and the pros and cons, and whatever you may feel that i need to know about doing this up grade. thanx

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
what exactly is the low beam upgrade? are you going with projector lights?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
removing the h11 bulb which is only like 35watts and installing the h9/9005 bulb which is like 65watts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Darn it another mod, lol I got to stay off the sight

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol this site will make u go broke.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Easiest mod ever. I just got the standard Phillips H9 and they're noticeably brighter, but not whiter, if you know what I mean. I had H11 PIAA super whites before and when first installed, they appeared to be whiter, but not worth the extra money(about 3x more).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But has anyone noticed it being to hot of a temp cause of the difference in watts? Should I have to worry about melting the headlights or anything like that ?

Reactions: kbbauman

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stevend what bulbs r u running? Did u go for just output or output and whiter? What made u do this mod over the hids?

·
Registered
452 Posts
been running h9s for 2yr's now zero issues

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
elton what brand do you run and did you have hid's to compare them to ? thanx

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
452 Posts
just your plain old fashion replacements ill be doing a morimoto mini hid retro fit soon

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Stevend what bulbs r u running? Did u go for just output or output and whiter? What made u do this mod over the hids?
Im running SilverStars.

Aftermarket HIDs are illegal, and LEOs in my area do pull people over for them. I also dont want the hassle of them going out all the time like I read about on here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanx everyone for the great responses this helps alot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts