Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Electric pressure washers will be completely safe on your paint. Before my Kranzle, I used to use a 3000 psi gas washer without any problems. I would even run it along my XPel film edges. Like anything else....common sense applies.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
I imagine you're right. Much like cheaper amp manufactures using peak wattage ratings on the box instead of nominal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Electric pressure washers will be completely safe on your paint. Before my Kranzle, I used to use a 3000 psi gas washer without any problems. I would even run it along my XPel film edges. Like anything else....common sense applies.
It's not just the PSI that matters though, as the degree of spray will make a huge difference. 0/15/30 etc. Again as you stated however - common sense applies.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If it's within your budget get a Triplex pump, the Axial pumps in most of the consumer models aren't built to last. That said - I have an Axial pump in mine, but the price was right. It was mistagged at HD for $200 off.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Does anyone know of a good place to buy a replacement triplex pump for a good price. I had a pressure washer given to me. I got the motor running but the pump is scrapped. Found some on ebay or Amazon for around $300. Im only in this thing $40 for a carb kit so I don't mind buying a decent pump. Any insight would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Does anyone know of a good place to buy a replacement triplex pump for a good price. I had a pressure washer given to me. I got the motor running but the pump is scrapped. Found some on ebay or Amazon for around $300. Im only in this thing $40 for a carb kit so I don't mind buying a decent pump. Any insight would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try Pressure Washers Direct.

Pressure Washers Direct | Power Washer Superstore

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
I dunno about that.

I blew the paint of my RW bumper with an electric.

It was a hot water MiTM though... And a commercial one. Mounted on the top of our wall in the wash bay... Lol.

If paint is great, no issue. If you have chips or hit someone and break the seal, then all bets are off.

I can not say anything bad about MiTM. They do cost more, but they make great stuff. Everything from the wall mounted electric units to the small stand-alones, and the gas.

I just got done replacing the pump on ours. It is over 7 years old, commercial use, daily/wash bay slave.

Ran dry for a while as the inlet filter was 1 year old and no one changed it.

Eventually it broke all the bolts off the head of the pump.

After replacing the pump found the actual issue was the heating coil was clogged with calcium. I mean clogged BAADD. No chemical I found would dissolve it. I had to drill through it to re-use some of the fittings.

New pump, new heat exchanger, will be good to go once I find out why it won't purge the air from the NG lines.

$9k to replace it... So they won't care how much of my time I spend fixing it, and rebuilding the old pump for a backup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a gas pressure washer and was the worst mistake. Worked great at first but a constant starting and idling issue. Ran lots of gas additives and so forth and was more time pissing with it than i wanted.
Electric washers are plenty powerful enough and the recommendation from someone about the right tips is the best advice.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm using a Kranzle 1622 with a 50' non marking hose and a custom spray wand I built for detailing. It's a simple 4000 psi handle with zero extension. Works amazing for whipping it around in tight spots. Paired with an Uber/MTM foam canon. Gilmour garden hose gun is just for light sudsing at best. You'll need a foam canon and pressure washer for proper, thick foaming.

I've tried quite a few electric Home Depot/Lowes pressure washers and they all were throw away, junk machines. The Kranzle is German made, it's a tank. It has the ability to run dry as well as pull its own water source from a lake or swimming pool. Kranzle does not use proprietary hose fittings. It uses industry standard commercial tips and quick connects. I have paired my Kranzle with an Eley wall mount, aluminum hose reel with a 100' Eley Polyurethane hose with Eley brass quick connect couplers. It's a great set up.

Not all pressure washer spray tips are the same. Even though the color codes for the spray patterns are industry standard, be sure you are using the correct pressure tip for the GPM your machine uses. It makes a world of difference. You can find the size chart on MTM's website. Pressure Washers Direct is a great site to do your research too. They have a ton of info.

Best of luck in your search. Hope you find a great pressure washer.

@ Jumbo Jet how is the foam with the Kranzle? I'm considering an electric pressure washer to switch my current gas washer. Would you mind posting some pictures or video when you use the Kranzle with a foam cannon? Thank you Sir.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
The Kranzle does an amazing job with the foam. I've been experimenting with so many different soaps for the foam canon over the last few months, I'm on a first name basis with our UPS guy. The higher the psi on your pressure washer, the better the foam. Which is why gas pressure washers tend to throw the thickest foam. That being said, a friendly tip for all my fellow electric foamers.....use warm or hot water in the canon. It will throw a little thicker, longer dwelling foam with hot water.

My particular Kranzle is 1600 psi, and it gauges at exactly that. I run the Kranzle at the highest psi and keep the MTM foam canon at its thickest setting. Keeping some distance between you and the vehicle will allow the foam to cover more area, as well as give you the opportunity to make a few passes and allow it to build up. If you can get it to pile up on itself, it will dwell much longer.

I my own R&D with soaps, I've found my personal favorites to be:

1. Adams car shampoo
2. CG - Mr. Pink
3. CG - Snow Foam
4. Sonax High Gloss (believe it or not, actually foams up quite well)
5. Meguires Gold Class

I'm in New Zealand right now, as soon as I get back I'll put up a quick video for you. Would love to detail a Toyota HiLux while I'm here ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It does look just like my Über/MTM canon. Maybe someone will give it a shot and report back. ?

I orderd and recived my 17 dollar foam cannon from Amazon works just fine! Using a 2000 psi electric pressure washer with 1.2 gpm
I will post pictures once i get to my acctual computer

Btw 4 and half hours to wash, clay bar and sealent the truck with a second coat on the leading edges for bug protection

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something. I've never been happy with the results from either a wand car wash or the new style HP car washes, they all seem to leave a dirt film behind. How does one use a pressure washer with a foam gun and not have a dirt film left behind? Pretty much the same thing as the local car wash. At first glance it may seem clean, hit it with some quick detailer and a white microfiber and I normally see dirt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something. I've never been happy with the results from either a wand car wash or the new style HP car washes, they all seem to leave a dirt film behind. How does one use a pressure washer with a foam gun and not have a dirt film left behind? Pretty much the same thing as the local car wash. At first glance it may seem clean, hit it with some quick detailer and a white microfiber and I normally see dirt.
I use a water filter system inline with the pressure washer/foam cannon. It removes a lot of the minerals since we have hard water here in NM. If your truck is really dirty you'll still need to hand wash it to remove the stuck on dirt. The foam will loosen a lot of the dirt and let if float without having to drag that on the clear coat reducing swirls. I also use the 2 bucket method. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
here you go pictures from the $17 dollar foam cannon from amazon and a green works electric 2000 psi 1.2GPM pressure washer. Foam was good sucked at first as I tried to dial it in between the 2 knobs.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 70 Posts