Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen and any ladies,

Im looking to get a pressure washer for cleaning my New Tundra and my driveway/house (brick). Is Gas the better option or electric? I see some top Eletric are very high (Kranzel) but gas might be noisy but has more pressure (yes i know you dont want 3200 psi hitting the paint). Foam cannon better on gas or eletric? What do you all use?

Thankd

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for the replies!! The foam cannon on Amazon i see a couple for 17-20 bucks do they work good compared to 70 bucks for a chemical guys one?

MTM Hydro Professional Adjustable Foam Cannon with Bayonet, 2600 PSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EDSLVQC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_AP5EybJFR4BKG is the one I bought. It works perfectly!
And a gallon of Mr. Pink makes great foam.
Chemical Guys CWS_402 Mr. Pink Super Suds Car Wash Soap and Shampoo (1 Gal) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BJCAPEE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ET5Eyb8GFPVVZ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Gentlemen and any ladies,

Im looking to get a pressure washer for cleaning my New Tundra and my driveway/house (brick). Is Gas the better option or electric? I see some top Eletric are very high (Kranzel) but gas might be noisy but has more pressure (yes i know you dont want 3200 psi hitting the paint). Foam cannon better on gas or eletric? What do you all use?

Thankd
You will get a million answers on the power washer but a Gilmour Foam gun is hard to beat.

Just hooks onto the end of a water hose. around $45.00

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
The subaru pressure washer that Costco is awesome it has a soap tank and tip for the wand and it soaps your car like crazy and it comes with other tips including one that brings the pressure to 3200 and it will cut concrete.
I own that one and a Craftsman. Happy with both, but the Subaru is a better unit.

·
Bah! Humbug!
181 Posts
listen to me, and listen closely if you value your beer drinking time and have a large flat vertical surface to clean then you must and you will get an attachment similar to this, I own this one but got for under 30 on a silly Lowes deal, its the best accessory you can get for your power washer. You're welcome, you can thank me later because you will!

https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratton-6328-Pressure-3200-PSI/dp/B00KQI37VA

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
I'm using a Kranzle 1622 with a 50' non marking hose and a custom spray wand I built for detailing. It's a simple 4000 psi handle with zero extension. Works amazing for whipping it around in tight spots. Paired with an Uber/MTM foam canon. Gilmour garden hose gun is just for light sudsing at best. You'll need a foam canon and pressure washer for proper, thick foaming.

I've tried quite a few electric Home Depot/Lowes pressure washers and they all were throw away, junk machines. The Kranzle is German made, it's a tank. It has the ability to run dry as well as pull its own water source from a lake or swimming pool. Kranzle does not use proprietary hose fittings. It uses industry standard commercial tips and quick connects. I have paired my Kranzle with an Eley wall mount, aluminum hose reel with a 100' Eley Polyurethane hose with Eley brass quick connect couplers. It's a great set up.

Not all pressure washer spray tips are the same. Even though the color codes for the spray patterns are industry standard, be sure you are using the correct pressure tip for the GPM your machine uses. It makes a world of difference. You can find the size chart on MTM's website. Pressure Washers Direct is a great site to do your research too. They have a ton of info.

Best of luck in your search. Hope you find a great pressure washer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Know the difference between a foam cannon and a foam gun. Gun does not use a PW, just a hose. Foam cannons come in two types, depending on the output of the PW.

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks you all for your opinions and information you shared!
Jumbo Jet as for the Foam cannon for $18 on amazon ill probably be buying that ones so i will let you know.
About to start a new thread with a whole new question on detailing

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Know the difference between a foam cannon and a foam gun. Gun does not use a PW, just a hose. Foam cannons come in two types, depending on the output of the PW.
You are correct. The Gilmour gun I have is just a foam gun and is great for automotive.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts