Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my 2012 CM pre-wired for power seats? I did not get this option. If I can find a totaled CM at some point in the future I would like to part out the seats from it. I know they would be a direct bolt-in, but can I get them operational with little effort?

·
Registered
751 Posts
No idea, good luck :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Probably. It's a lot easier to throw the wiring in every truck and just plug in the power seats than to separate each one.

·
Registered
371 Posts
In every car I had in the past 10 years they were prewired. If yours is (I am guessing it is) you would be able to see the harness and plugs under the seats.

·
Registered
827 Posts
most likely yes! my 08' grade has it and i rigged up an aftermarket
element with a factory switch using factory wiring for the drivers side. plus, you would need a $8 relay from autozone as well. pull the climate control panel and check behind your knockout switches that are blank. the heated seat switch coupler will be attached to the back of the blank all the way to the left.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
If it is a grade 2012 the answer is yes and no. The drivers side is there. The passenger side is not. I tapped into the drivers side for my rear seat heaters. Planned to use the passenger side for the front but when I went to tap into it, it wasn't there. I looked at a schematic and that wire comes straight from the fuse box to the JQ1 (if I remember the name of the connector correctly). I ended up tearing out the fuse box and running the wire.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody here know if 2001 SR5 tundras are prewired for a power drivers seat? I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts