Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2014 new and it has been the best truck I’ve owned. Traded it in on a 2020 CrewMax Limited on Friday. As I was going home the PCS system went haywire. Cruise control stopped and multiple dash lights came on including the check engine light, PCS malfunction message and cruise control malfunction. I immediately returned to the dealer and they wanted to keep the truck overnight to diagnose the issue. I told them I wanted to void the deal as I didn’t think a $50,000 truck should spend its first night in the shop. To my surprise they agreed and I left in my old truck. I know this issue exits in the 2018 and 2019 but has this also been an issue with the 2020 models or was my experience an aberration. They are trying to locate me another truck in the same color but I don’t know if I should trust Toyota at this point. Any help information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update on this. The dealer wrote it off as an anti theft device installed by the dealer they traded with to get the color I wanted. Device removed, problem solved. I told them I would not buy that truck and they are working on getting another one in Cement. Big purchase and I want a reliable truck. Maybe I’m paranoid but since I am the one buying it I get to be.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Just an update on this. The dealer wrote it off as an anti theft device installed by the dealer they traded with to get the color I wanted. Device removed, problem solved. I told them I would not buy that truck and they are working on getting another one in Cement. Big purchase and I want a reliable truck. Maybe I’m paranoid but since I am the one buying it I get to be.
Probably one of those times when your instinct tells you to walk away and best to do what you did otherwise you'd regret it later on.
My 2010 has been flawless, so I think I'll be keeping for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts