Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I bought mine a few weeks ago, but cannot cross the border into the US to pick it up. Once the border reopens, I will be installing it right away.

Reactions: RIjon

·
"Missing a Few Liters"
4,420 Posts
I looked into doing this years ago. The Auburn mentioned was the only choice for LSD.

ARB had actuated lockers.

I need wheel bearing work. Might be time consider this.

(This site drains the wallet... )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, manufacturers have been very slow to develop these drivetrain parts for the 10.5 36 spline. I'm hoping this lasts longer than the Auburn.

I will say, the fun factor with a proper LSD is x10 on a blown RWD vehicle. But I drive like a crazy person so....

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Tundra since 100k has had a wierd rumble strip issue with the trans seeming to not be the issue, Tires are balanced every 3 months, I'm a service writer so getting these things done is mainly only damaging on my wallet. However it feels like hopping from the rear almost like the tires are out of round, but they aren't two sets of tires to prove its not those or the wheels. Its almost chatter like from the rear diff or intermittent stuck rotors. However brakes have been done more times then I'd like to discuss. I'd like to run a real truck rear end in this, it certainly is peaking my interest. Please update if anyone chooses to try it. The price on diff. work for these trucks is rough. I don't like to guess, I'm sure no one else does either.

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Tundra since 100k has had a wierd rumble strip issue with the trans seeming to not be the issue, Tires are balanced every 3 months, I'm a service writer so getting these things done is mainly only damaging on my wallet. However it feels like hopping from the rear almost like the tires are out of round, but they aren't two sets of tires to prove its not those or the wheels. Its almost chatter like from the rear diff or intermittent stuck rotors. However brakes have been done more times then I'd like to discuss. I'd like to run a real truck rear end in this, it certainly is peaking my interest. Please update if anyone chooses to try it. The price on diff. work for these trucks is rough. I don't like to guess, I'm sure no one else does either.

You might want to take a look at the stock carrier. There have been instances where the bolt that holds the retaining pin has broken and that pin drops down and contacts the housing. It's been a while since I've seen that issue posted, but it has happened to a few.

Regardless, the Auburn or the powertrax will be infinitely stronger than the stock carrier assembly. And with a no boost, either will live a long long time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the idea, I wish they bolted covers to these so I could just check it with out pulling the shafts
You might want to take a look at the stock carrier. There have been instances where the bolt that holds the retaining pin has broken and that pin drops down and contacts the housing. It's been a while since I've seen that issue posted, but it has happened to a few.

Regardless, the Auburn or the powertrax will be infinitely stronger than the stock carrier assembly. And with a no boost, either will live a long long time.
Thank you for the idea, the only issue is finding the time I don’t need the truck to, do it. New baby at home, kids, two jobs life. I wish they had a cover on the pumpkin to just look in and check. Not pull the shafts, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts