Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
5.7 FFV Exhaust

I have read several posts about Powersticks for 5.7s, and im torn on what to buy. On the Classic Chambered website there is a model apparently made specifically for our trucks
2.5” TUNDRA 2.5” 3.5" 30" $75.00 however it seems some folks deviate and go for different sizes, I would like some direction/advice on good sound low drone setup, such as " You need to get two 2.5 Tundra powersticks with two resonators and turn them down/out/straight back" Thanks in advance guys

PS-I have a 5.7 Crewmax Flex Fuel with factory exhaust

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesir, sure have......the problem I had reading it was the different opinions of guys with the same setup saying ....I have initial power loss...... I don't ......I have drone.....I don't.......with that being said I am leaning toward the 30 inch powersticks labeled "Tundra" on the website, I have no idea what to do after that.... resonators? ..... Turn downs?.......straight out? ..... Over axles?....X-pipes?......H-pipes?.......I know I'm being anal but I only want to mess with it once. :dunno:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kobear, what do you make of this by Hoot12:
i got 2011 crewmax with less than 1000 miles on her. i went with powersticks 26" 2.25 diameter. i would do the same thing over and over and over again. this truck sounds for real. i had flows on an 07 tundra and aint gonna knock em but they dont sound this damn good. NO DRONE AT 60 MPH, 70 MPH, 80,MPH, you get what im saying. matter of fact u cant hear em until you lay into it. powersticks, chrome tips out the back, labor = 330$. also includes a H-pipe the muffler shop had. check some other posts about the powersticks, nothing but good things.

Could it be different setup/size/ear of the beholder? Thank you for your advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.