Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I have dual 26"x2.5" sticks on my truck followed by approx 4" of 2.5" pipe 4" of 3.5" pipe and 3.5" turndowns right before the axle.

The truck sounds like an animal and scares small children at WOT. At a light it's relatively tame and quiet. When I pull into my driveway at night, the sound of the rocks under my stock tires are louder than my truck idling.

For me the 26" was the right choice, and I'm sure the 30" won't disappoint either. I posted a start up video on my build thread, but have been too lazy to do any other videos.

All I know is when I get on it, people move out of my way and I have a grin from ear to ear on my face.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
2,543 Posts
yes, at around 1800-1900 rpms, i have drone. seems to be at 70 mph. the way i fix that? drive 80! lol.

the drone is not overbearing though. I am used to catless corvettes and s/c mustangs, and this is tame compared to those.

I'm also 27 with no kids and anytime i drive more than 2 hours, we take one of my buddy's 4 cylinder cars... so take that into account. I like the attention and don't find it annoying. if you've never driven in a car with an exhaust, you may not like it. if you were closer to me, i'd invite ya over for a test drive and a beer.

the exhaust is quiet at idle, which is nice... no turning off the engine at drive-thru's. :)

· Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Could be because he went with 2.25" diameter where I went with 2.5" diameter. I also dumped mine before the axle. I only have 8" total behind my mufflers.

Had I went for full pipes after my sticks, and resonator tips out the back, things would be drastically different. Check out the "official" powerstick thread. Has a lot of different set up videos... From mild to wild.

I'd put mine more on the wild side.

-KoBear

· Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Thanks 012Crew.....rear chunk? typo or my lack of slang knowledge? Thanks 012.....and KoBear
No problem. I really payed attention to mine today and it only drones at 65-70. 50 and 60 mph and it's quiet... Until I tap the gas pedal. :evil:

By chunk I'm pretty sure he means the rear pumpkin.

-KoBear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.