Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought the 26" by 2.5 but ran 2.25 pipe before and after the power sticks because the tundra factory piping is closer to the 2.25 and you don't want to change to much from the manifold end pipe size ( I was told).

I ran no "H" or "X", they will quiet the exhaust and there is no real benefits for our motors to have them.

I ran turn downs at the rear bumper, I wanted mine hidden but if you turn them down under the cab, you will have drone ( with any exhaust).

Also from experience, make sure your exhaust guy does not run the drivers side exhaust pipe directly over your rear chunk, there is a brake bracket and if you load your bed down the pipe will touch that bracket.

The exhaust is quiet at idle but if you are a 100 yards away you can hear a faint rumble, its a good sound.
When you punch it, it really is nice and loud, just driving on the highway there is a good rumble but remember the farther away you get the ends away from the cab the less noise you will hear in the cab.

My wife passed a car while coming home the other day about half a mile from our house, I was in our yard and it sounded like a muscle car was about to come by, I was pleased

·
Registered
118 Posts
yea the gear housing on the rear axel, or pumpkin. But anyway the guy who ran it went diagonally across it with the pipe. If I never hauled anything, it probably wouldn't have been a big deal, but if the truck is loaded it touched my brake lines that are mounted there. There are pics on here somewhere of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.