Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found a good deal on a jl audio 300/4v2, before I bought the amp I was planning on buying Polk db6501 component speakers for the fronts then finding an amp that would output 100w rms per channel. I couldn't pass up the deal on the jl amp so I'm wondering if I should still get the polks and use 1 channel for each 75w rms or bridging to provide 150w or just look for different speakers altogether. Budget is about 150ish for components

·
Registered
333 Posts
The amp will be fine for the Polks. I doubt if you would be able to hear the difference between 75 watts and 100 watts per channel.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You will be very happy with the sound of that amp, I have used it in customers cars running 1000.00 focal components many many times if it has enough to run those it will have no trouble with the Polk components. The 300/4 is IMO one of the best amps jl audio has built.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't planning on running a rear stage, but since ill only be running 2 channels for the db6501's I need to figure out something for the other 2 channels. Should I look for more powerful fronts that can take 150w rms or get a set of rear speakers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I got rear speakers just because I wanted some rear fill and was happy with what 100wRMS would bring up front. Chances are you as the driver will not really notice any rear speakers and many people just go with Comps up front. My last 2 cars I did front Comps only and loved it. Think it is more a personal preference and if you have people in the back often.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went w/ comps in the front and rear w/ my last project and I couldnt be happier!!

Makes a huge difference to me having a 360 degree sound stage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts