Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 SR5 DC. I put heaters in the seats, switches in the dash, but I have no idea where to tap into power for them. I do not have a manual so I don't know what the numbered connectors are or where they are located. I had a traumatic brain injury less than two years ago and my cognitive abilities now suck. I used to be an expert on automotive electrics but I look under the dash now and have no idea what I am looking at. Would someone please be so kind as to tell me where to hook into a switched source that will handle heated seats and exactly where to find it? Is there already a connector for heated seats in there somewhere? If so, where might that be and how can it be identified? Yes, I am basically asking you to hold my hand and guide me step by step while I do this. I apologize. You can't imagine how bad it makes me feel to ask for help like this but I really have no choice now.
TIA,
jc

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2010 SR5 DC. I put heaters in the seats, switches in the dash, but I have no idea where to tap into power for them. I do not have a manual so I don't know what the numbered connectors are or where they are located. I had a traumatic brain injury less than two years ago and my cognitive abilities now suck. I used to be an expert on automotive electrics but I look under the dash now and have no idea what I am looking at. Would someone please be so kind as to tell me where to hook into a switched source that will handle heated seats and exactly where to find it? Is there already a connector for heated seats in there somewhere? If so, where might that be and how can it be identified? Yes, I am basically asking you to hold my hand and guide me step by step while I do this. I apologize. You can't imagine how bad it makes me feel to ask for help like this but I really have no choice now.
TIA,
jc
Absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help. I actually just recovered the seats in my RCSB SR5 TRD, and installed seat heaters as well. I haven't wired them in yet, but plan to do so sometime this week possibly. I'm hoping someone will pipe in here on this thread with answers for both you AND me. If not, I'll let you know how I do mine later in the week. Sorry to hear about the brain injury, but ya know what... props to you for coming through it and still trying to do this kind of work. You've got absolutely nothing to feal bad about in terms of asking for help with this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help. I actually just recovered the seats in my RCSB SR5 TRD, and installed seat heaters as well. I haven't wired them in yet, but plan to do so sometime this week possibly. I'm hoping someone will pipe in here on this thread with answers for both you AND me. If not, I'll let you know how I do mine later in the week. Sorry to hear about the brain injury, but ya know what... props to you for coming through it and still trying to do this kind of work. You've got absolutely nothing to feal bad about in terms of asking for help with this.
Thanks Klearz. It can be frustrating, embarrassing and/or funny at times. I put an aux gas tank in the bed of the truck about six months after the injury. I was hooking up a switch to turn on the fuel transfer pump. I ran wires from the pump to the switch and cussed for about an hour because it wouldn't work and I could not figure out what the hell was wrong. Finally, in a blinding flash of the obvious, I remembered I could not just hook the two wires to the switch and expect it to work. One of them needed to go to ground and the switch had to connect the other one to 12 volts. It took me an hour to figure that out. That was frustrating, embarrassing and funny all at the same time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts