Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1661 - 1680 of 2268 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I'm thinking about getting something sporty too, but I'm not willing to hand in my man card to do it.

Read a history book.
I fought with myself on the idea of getting one for the same reason. What sold me was driving one, girly car for sure, but a $hit ton of fun for under $3k. With my Mustang always broke, I wanted a back up plan.

So this thing is getting a half cage in the next few weeks so I can take it on the road course too.>:D

·
10,631 Posts
I fought with myself on the idea of getting one for the same reason. What sold me was driving one, girly car for sure, but a $hit ton of fun for under $3k. With my Mustang always broke, I wanted a back up plan.

So this thing is getting a half cage in the next few weeks so I can take it on the road course too.>:D
Don't lie. You're going to put eyelashes on the headlights.

Read a history book.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Probably got raped and won't like it but I did it anyway.
Just couldn't pull the trigger on $500.00

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I have one like that Slim and it seems to be holding up. I coat mine every month with convertible top/tonneau protectant.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Deal was to good to pass up. Car is a blast to drive, luckily I don't care what people think about what I drive...hence the Ram, Mustang, & Miata in my stable.

Buddy of mine that got killed made his living on Miata's. They race the piss out of them over at Hallet Speedway.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
I have one like that Slim and it seems to be holding up. I coat mine every month with convertible top/tonneau protectant.
Are you making that name up or what?

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Probably got raped and won't like it but I did it anyway.
Just couldn't pull the trigger on $500.00

Which brand is that? I was back and fourth between one like that and a folding hard one but ended up asking for the Bakflip G2 for Christmas for about 650. Wanted something that would make a thief work just a little bit harder than a soft tonneau. I have a buddy who has one like that on his Silverado though and says he is more than happy with it. I think he got the Extang version.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Buddy of mine that got killed made his living on Miata's. They race the piss out of them over at Hallet Speedway.
Irony, that's where I will be testing this thing out next month. Hallet put down a new race surface a couple months back and I've been wanting to get on fresh tarmac.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Irony, that's where I will be testing this thing out next month. Hallet put down a new race surface a couple months back and I've been wanting to get on fresh tarmac.
He didn't get killed in a miata.

He stayed up for two days prepping cars and hauling them to Hallet.

He fell asleep pulling a trailer back to his shop to get another load of cars and hit a bridge pillar.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Built this at a friends lake house this weekend.

Got the idea here: Who doesn't like a campfire?

I highly recommend it if you've got the space (roughly 13' in diameter) and enjoy sitting around a fire BS'ing with your peeps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
looks like a "measure twice" & "cut once" project ;)

Nice
More like layout in CAD, triple check that, then measure five or six more times on site, then sit down and have a beer, re-measure, then another beer, measure one last time, then finally say f#ck it, grab a saw and go for it.:D

1661 - 1680 of 2268 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.