Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

341 - 360 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I highly rrecommend just doing a drop in air filter and sabm, not a cold air intake. Nothing against volant but me and my buddy @jbroas did a bunch of testing one day and found that a CAi doesn't make a truck any faster at the track.

A cold air intake and sabm can be done for less than $100. That leaves $$ left over for a BullyDog or hypertech. Both of which I've dyno tested and realized gains :)
More for economy than power, although they sorta go together ;-)
Have to ask a stoopid question: sabm?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here's a video I took today of my 8" standard system on my 5.7 CM. I mounted a phone holder on the back sliding window and had it about half down. YouTube compressed the hell out of the video so it's kind of grainy but it's all about the audio. Toss on some headphones for the best audio. I was in the throttle a lot for the video, it is very tame at normal highway speeds.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The 6" standard stainless steel without the factory tailpipe is a winner for me. >:D

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Here's a video I took today of my 8" standard system on my 5.7 CM. I mounted a phone holder on the back sliding window and had it about half down. YouTube compressed the hell out of the video so it's kind of grainy but it's all about the audio. Toss on some headphones for the best audio. I was in the throttle a lot for the video, it is very tame at normal highway speeds.

http://youtu.be/1mG5kFGWO4o
thanks for posting!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed my 6" SS system on the weekend and, like so many others, love the way it sounds!
I do plan on installing the resonator to get the full benefit of this system but, for now, im enjoying it as is :)

Thanks Keith for your great service, the easy to follow web video and fantastic product!
Cheers from up North!

Wes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have been through every single page, and still can't decide between a 6" and a custom 7". I definitely don't want to have to send it back because I wished it would be louder, but don't want it so loud that my lady is constantly complaining about it.

How does the 6" compare to say a flowmaster? I don't want it to be obnoxiously loud like some trucks you see making all this noise and not going anywhere, but the 6" isn't that bad is it? I would think the dumped version or the budget would be more along the lines of a loud flowmaster type, but I have only used Borla products in the past so I know nothing about the BA systems besides the dozens of youtube videos I've seen.

I really like a deep sound like the Borla's make as opposed to a real raspy flowmaster type sound. What do you guys think I should go with? The 6" videos I have seen sound pretty good, but I'm wondering if a custom 7" would have a deeper meaner tone to it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another satisfied customer! Bamuffler Budget System is the sheet! Feels like riding a giant Harley when get on the gas, but tame if you drive conservative ( most my driving BUT that may change now hahaha). I found a used system for my 2014 DC 4x4 I got for a good deal but I would have happily paid the full price. Installed it pretty easily under truck just by sliding under. Beautiful growl to it!

Quick inside cabin vid I made getting on freeway. Can't wait to drive to work in the am! Ha

·
Registered
4 Posts
After running the truck without the resonator, I now have it installed (soooo easy). What a difference it has made to the overall noise level!
At first, it almost seemed to quiet, very much like stock.... until you put your foot into it :).
I absolutely love the sound, and zero drone when cruising.

I don't care if my post sounds like a broken record, BAMuffler leaves no regrets!!! Great product, great service, highly, highly recommended!!
Cheers form the North!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would go with the 6". When they say it is close to stock at idle and at cruising speeds they mean it. In side the cabin it is not so aggressive but outside you can hear it better. Everyone's perception of what is considered loud or not is subjective so keep that in mind.

By the way. Yesterday was the first time that I had someone ask me to roll down my window to ask what exhaust I was running. I had the exhaust for a couple months. I told him to google bamuffler and to go with the 6" if he gets one. He said it sounded real good. It was a cool feeling.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just ordered my Budget System from Keith and can't wait to install this bad boy to see what all the fuss is about!!!:eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I have a few videos.. I have the dual catback TRD replacement system with no mufflers. I talked to Keith on here and was reading about 6 or 7 or 8 ... I wanted it LOUD. So he suggested that I go with no mufflers at all. One day I just gave him a call and ordered it, drove over there to get it installed the same day because I hate waiting . And you guys need to just read these threads and stop calling him because he was getting calls left and right the whole time I was there ! Drove 5 hours back smiling the whole way home ! Except during the traffic ! And man it sounds nice!!!! Can't find enough road to drive the truck and hear it ! Lol
The third video is for lights but you can hear what I hear inside !

'15 Tundra TRD PRO

341 - 360 of 467 Posts