Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm new here as i'm looking at buying my first tundra. I have an opportunity to pick up a 08 or 09 tundra through work for 12k. I haven't seen recent pictures but apparently it has a new topper, new brakes and rotors, and is supposedly pretty clean. It was a fleet owned vehicle so maintenance was done very regularly and it has mostly highway miles but that's the kicker...the mileage. 156,000 miles... I currently drive an 07 f150 4.6 that just turned to 175,000 so I know most trucks have no problems running up to that kind of mileage and more but if I'm going to drop this kind of money I want a truck that's going to last. So basically my question is, with regular maintenance how long can this truck go and what kind of problems am I going to have to start watching for? Thanks for the help anyone and everyone that can help!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
My neighbor has a 2010 DC 4.6L with 190k+. I was talking with him as he saw my new Tundra and he indicated he hasn't had any real issues.... I asked him when he would trade. He said he hoped to get another 100k before looking for new truck.

Reactions: TMaulick8
1 - 3 of 3 Posts