Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I putting together a GB for Bora Wheel spacers. If you'd like to buy a great set of Offroad wheel spacers to improve the stance of your Tundra. Here's your chance to get 25% off the retail price!
We need 25 orders. To qualify for the GB.
I'm also including TS & TN so if anyone here is interested please PM me, and I will addd you to the list. Once we reach 25 orders we will start the GB.

Here's the link to the website for the spacers!

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Centric Rings | Motorsport Tech

Have a Great Day!

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Avoid Motorsport-Tech with as wide a berth as possible. During the first contact he is the consummate professional, but as soon as he gets your money, he won't give you the time of day. His spacers didn't even come close to fitting, and he ignored all calls and e-mails. I had to have them machined up at my own time and expense.

Ripoff Report | Motorsport Tech - Lenny Stahl Jr. Complaint Review Sparks, Nevada: 928219

That is unfortunate but that could be a unique case. Not saying who's right in this situation.

But there are also good reviews of their products.
--<:BORA Spacers:>-- Review & Install - Tacoma World Forums

Myself personally I hate Tom Woods drive shafts! But many people swear by them. I had a bad experience that they would not stand behind their product.
But I may have gotten a "Lemon" and because of the expense of shipping to and from Hawaii they would not cover the replacement of the shaft.

As for the Bora spacers? It seems that a lot of Tacoma guys swear by them! But it is up to you! No one is twisting anyone's arm to get a set.
All I'm offering is a chance to get a 25% discount to those who might any way buy these at full price.

Can check out the FB page also:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BORA-Bulletproof-Off-Road-Adapters/205392862840693

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was reading those, and I also found others that complained about his Customer service. But I also found several good reviews.
Out of hundreds of spacers that they sell, I'm sure that better customer service would have took care of most if not all of those problems.

I've had terrible Customer experiences with Sears but I still shop there. Same with Lowes.

It is unfortunate that these people have had bad experiences. But I know of many who have had good experiences with his products. Toyota Tacoma, and the Tundra are staples in his line up of spacers.

Are there any complaints about those particular spacers? The Ford complaint was on a special order. (Not something he normally makes) He may have been better off to just refuse to build something he was not familiar with.

25% off would put them at $165 a set. Which is about the going rate on Ebay for chinese crap! (Non Anodized)

So it seems reasonable for a set of American made spacer for that price.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Again "Mr. Creosote" we get it! You hate the guy! I understand you would not do business wit him. Got it!
We have already covered that his CS isn't the greatest!

Non of the complaints appear to have anything to do with the actual spacers failing? They were due to improper lugs use, wrong specs for special orders, (Which to a certain degree is partly the person giving the specs, because there is no way to tell if the correct information was given)

Do you know of specific Tundra or Tacoma "off the shelf" standard spacers that have failed from his inventory?

It seems that most if not all of the complaints that I've found were of special orders or items that he doesn't normally stock. (And CS)

I have had the wheel from my stock Ford Bronco come off and pass me on the freeway. The studs came right out of the hub! Good thing it was the rear wheel.
I filed a complaint with ford but they didn't do anything, but offer me a free service. But still people will swear by their Fords??
I personally would never buy another Ford! (Or Chevy for that matter) but that's my personal opinion. I'm sure many people feel like I do and I can find hundreds if not thousands of complaints against those companies. But people still by their cars.

So we get it you don't want a set of his spacers! Thank you for your input!
I will still take them over the Ebay spacers that so many people buy. But that's just MHO!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When there are so many bad reviews, across numerous sites, I feel the company cannot be trusted.

Thanks for the warning.
Well if you look at the BBB complaints? there were 6 complaints. 3 were eventually resolved.
More then likely the 3 unresolved complaints one was the use of "incorrect lug nuts" (which is more the blame of the installer that installed the wrong lugs, then the company that sent the wrong lugs), the second was the incorrect Custom spacer for the Ford, (possiblebly mis-information/mis-communication on original order) hard to say? the third complaint is unknown.

Of these complaints I don't see a real problem with Bora Offroad spacers.

So I feel fairly confident that there isn't a critical flaw with Bora spacers itself.

These appear to be isolated incidents.

Please do your research. Don't take my opinion, or others here. Look into it and decide for yourself.
I was fairly concerned myself when I saw the complaints.
But studing each complaint, I don't see any real issue with the spacer, or the company. Their CS could be better? But that can be said for many companies out there with great products.

Most people that use their spacer appear to agree that they are of the highest quality. The complaints were of other issues.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
It seems obvious that Mr. Cresote has done his homework. What concerns me is that out of 6 complaints that BBB was involved with, 2 of them were not even responded to by the business. That's pretty high percentage of non-response. The non-response rate to the customers should be even worse.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a reply from Motorsport They do not have an account on here:

""Its impossible to make every single one of our customers happy! I sell over 30 sets of custom spacers/adapters everyday and we do our best to help every customer on a 1 to 1 basis.

I will put my product against anything out there! Our prices are very good!

Here is a List of Reasons why to buy from us.

1. American Made.... Trying to Find American Made Products is hard enough, there is only a couple of us guys in the Country that actually build spacers for a living.
2. Lifetime Warranty.... What other Spacers can you find out there that do come with a Lifetime Warranty? We Engrave our Products with ID numbers to help Identify our products for the lifetime of the product... If a stud snaps or something weird happens 1,2, 5 years down the road we will be here to Warranty the item free of charge.
3. Hub/Wheel Centric- These are built specifically for the Trucks we sell them for! They will be a perfect Hub and Wheel Centric Fitment to insure a Perfect Ride, just like a stock set up.
4. Anodized- We anodize them in the USA. They are hard Anodized which is the best we can get.
5. Grade 10.9 Wheel Studs and Lug nuts. The strongest we can get our hands on.
6. Custom Size Options... We can build custom sizes to the .001", if you need a custom thickness or Wheel Centering Lip, we are capable of doing that no problem at all.
7. Insurance Policy. All of our products are insured. We do everything we can to keep everyone protected incase of a failure, which in 15 years of building these, never had a part fail.
8. Pricing. Our pricing is the best you will find! Period! You will not find a better priced, American Made Spacer.

We build these for anything that has wheels/tires, from Tractors, Cars, Trucks, ATV's, Golf Carts, Street Bikes, Lawn Mowers, Tow Trucks, ect...

I can give you a list a Mile long of High End Wheel/Tire Shops across the World that Only use our Products! We build these for Big Tire Testing Companies such as Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli... We build our Spacers for Wheel Manufactures such as HRE, Asanti, MHT, Wheel Pro's. We build special orders for 4wheel Parts, Discount Tires, Les Schwab, Big O, ect. We build these for the largest Car Dealerships in the World.

If we didn't put out a Great Product we wouldn't be as busy as we are. I will be the first one to admit that we do get backed up and sometimes it does take a while to get our parts out the door! Its not done on purpose, I can promise you that! Sometimes things happen that are out of our Control, Machines Break, Employees get sick, Compressor's go down, ect.. I can also tell you that we bend over backwards for our customers as well! I cant tell you how many times I have had a customer call me at 4PM on a Friday and had a car stuck on a Rack because they need spacers that were unforeseen, I have banged out a total custom set of spacers within 30minutes, boxed them up, drove them across the town and Next Day Air Saturday to help my customers out! Sometimes we look like hero's and sometimes we don't! All we can do is the best we can do! I wish more than anything that every order was built within 24 hours and shipped in a timely manner, that would make my job a lot easier, but that's impossible! Its not like I only build these for 1 type of car! Think about how many Cars/Trucks are on the Road today, We build Spacers for every one of them in any thickness needed! If I had a Catalog, it would be thicker than a phone book with all the possibilities that are out there.

We are not here to take someone's money and screw people over, I can promise you that! I Personally take every order myself! I want it to be done right and make sure the customer is ordering the correct parts and we build them correctly the first time! I am here everyday to answer every phone call that comes in! I do my best to answer every email as well! yeah, sometimes we miss a few, we are not perfect, but if you call the shop I can assure you will get me on the phone right away. Through out my career doing this we have made mistakes, we have dropped the ball, but I can tell you that we have made 99 out of a 100 people happy every time. Usually the people who do get upset is because of the time it takes to build them and not the product itself! If I stocked these from China like all the other suppliers of spacers, it would be very easy to go and pull an order, blow the dust off it and ship it out but that isn't how we operate! We like to engrave every order with an ID number on the backside so we can identify it for years to come.

If you all knew me personally, saw our operation and spent a day in the office you would understand a lot more. This Business Donates Thousands and Thousands of dollars every year to Charities, Church's, Veterans and those 16 year old kids who are doing a car for the first time who simply cannot afford our parts. This company cares more about its customers and employees than filling its bank account up.

There is a story behind every single customer who wants to complain about something, there is always 2 sides to the story and im not going to sit here and bash people because we didn't get along or we didn't meet their expectations the first time. I like to concentrate on the positive side of things and move on to the next order and next customer in a positive look. For the Thousands and Thousands of customers we deal with every year, I think we do a pretty good job. We are not some Giant corporation where you need to call twenty times to get a real person on the phone, we are a small family business that specializes in building custom wheel adapters and wheel spacers every day. If you pick up the phone and call the office you will get me on the phone everytime!

For those of you that we happened to upset in someway, we apologize and would love to make it up to you somehow. For those of you that really do want the best Spacer for your Truck, pick up the phone or shoot us an email and we will be happy to help you!

Lenny Stahl
""

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I have them. 1.5"
incredible service and quality as well. have had no issues whatsoever.
i recommend them.....for whatever that is worth.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts