Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There photos were taken during construction

Kitchen island sink has 2 cold water and one hot water line. Currently, both cold water lines and hot water line are tied to kitchen faucet.

This is my current water line to fridge. I believe it comes from one of the two cold water lines mentioned above.

In this photo, you can see a cold water line coming up from under the slab (from kitchen island sink):

How do I get my RO line over to the fridge? Does it go through one of the two sink lines over to the fridge? Then do I just use one of the two cold water lines for the faucet now?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Then RO water to the frig. Also need to tap the waste line above the p-trap for waste water. They have an adapter based on the size of the waste line. Think about the faucet, coffee tastes better you can use it to cook.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then RO water to the frig. Also need to tap the waste line above the p-trap for waste water. They have an adapter based on the size of the waste line. Think about the faucet, coffee tastes better you can use it to cook.
My fridge has a water dispenser, so as far as I can tell there is no need for the RO faucet, correct???

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
It will work. Are you getting a storage tank? Output and volume are limited without one.

·
Administrator
10,981 Posts
You don't need the faucet if your hooking it to the fridge. You will need a storage tank, drain saddle valve for the waste and a 1/4" feed with valve so you can shut it off when you change the cartridges.

They make separate valves for pex, but this will give you an idea.
1438823748091.jpg

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will work. Are you getting a storage tank? Output and volume are limited without one.
Yes. There is a storage tank that will be under the kitchen sink. I'm running the drain line from the membrane and tapping into the sink drain above the p trap.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't need the faucet if your hooking it to the fridge. You will need a storage tank, drain saddle valve for the waste and a 1/4" feed with valve so you can shut it off when you change the cartridges.

They make separate valves for pex, but this will give you an idea.
View attachment 514962
Thanks. I have this valve.

Am I correct in assuming that I snake the 3/8" RO line to the fridge through the existing 1/2" water line? I'm assuming that's why there are 2 cold water lines under the sink.

·
Administrator
10,981 Posts
I'd use the one as the feed for the RO and then use a quick connect fitting to connect the the storage tank to the line going to the fridge. No need to run another line if they already did it for you.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thanks for creating this thread, it really helps in understanding the installation RO system filters
Yep. This thread long before I joined TT, but I learned from experience that if the builder runs a stupid 1/4" (3/8" not much better) line through the walls, you'll have a big pressure drop from RO unit to fridge if the fridge is on the other side of the kitchen. Fridge dispenser trickled until I fished another bigger line through the walls. :banghead:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I never feed RO water to a fridge. I normally use a solid carbon block filter like Multi-Pure... if ultra-pure H2O is desired I will pump distilled water to the fridge. Distilled produces the best ice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts