Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently purchased 2010 tundra rock warrior double cab and i need to fit 2 JL Audio W3's and amp under the rear seat. where can i get a box? is it even possible with a 5 7/8" mounting depth of the speaker? please help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I cant say about that particular speaker, but when I was looking at sub options my local audio shop had a box made for 2 12's. It was a little more than I wanted so I ended up with a single pioneer 12 in a pioneer premade box. Sounds great and most people dont believe its just a single 12

·
Registered
55 Posts
depending on what your budget is JL Audio makes some awesome shallow mount 12's...My budget (mainly the wife) didn't allow for them so I went with the Pioneer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah my wife dosent understand the importance either. i think im going to go with rockford i found some nice ones that fit what i hope is my budget. but yes if by chance that budget doubles then i will be installing the JL Audio. how well do double DIN head units look and fit. im looking to put a 7inch touch screen navigation, dvd unit in. but i havent seen any pictures on how well they look.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Double din units look natural in that spot, a single din looks too small and you would end up having some type of "hole" in the dash...something like a change holder or such

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Reach out to Platinumb. He deals with jl audio and was knowledgeable. I believe he owns a shop

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Double din, 7 inch screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts