Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tex, you paid $36k OTD for a 2008 Tundra? You got ripped off.... sorry guy.
If you say so... but I paid just $33,600 + TTL to get a Ltd with what I wanted on it rather than what someone else wanted and which only had 12 miles on it that I hadn't put on it, and I didn't have to perjure myself on a tax document. You're talking about paying $29k + TTL for a lesser model truck that's already burned half its warranty.

I've bought used all my life (my last 3 auto transactions were all craigslist), but the economics of it simply don't make sense when buying a newish truck these days. If you were looking to spend <$15-20k, that would be a different matter (but then, if I were looking to spend less than that, I wouldn't be replacing my '99 Super Duty -- which I bought used for $6k).

·
Registered
95 Posts
BTW, if you don't like the way the 4wd's handle, why would you even consider them. It's not like they cost less... quite the opposite in fact.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray66
Sorry dude, but screw the internet stuff. I want verbal communication only. Communicating via the internet with email over buying a vehicle is bullshit.

Sorry guy... I'm 42 and retired... I'm doing something right!

And what has that have to do with the price of used trucks ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
man i paid 37,999.97 OTD 2008 TUNDRA CREWMAXX SR5 TRD PACKAGE, TOW PACKAGE, WHEELS, TIRES, ALARM, FLOOR MATS. SO ANYTHING UNDR 30K IS A STEAL!

OUCH I paid $28,400 OTD for the same truck but mine is 4x4......you paid 10K more than me for 2WD????? I feel good but I hate it for you.:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I bought mine in September, I got $11,000 off msrp ($5,000 rebate + $6,000 discount). Now, it's $7,000 of msrp ($1,000 rebate + $6,000 discount). In the NE, the rebate has dropped from $5,000 to $1,000. Sometimes it doesn't pay to wait.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
We (Americans) in general, we always want everything brand new. And the "Me Generation", we want it right now. 95% of all my buddies that buy buy new trucks - they finance them! And those same buddies can't even take a 2 week vacation to Brazil. They're stuck in their 9-5 jobs they hate working that job. Top it off with a wife and kids -- well, they're locked in for life. One buddy said, he might, might get to take a vacation alone with me to Brazil after he turns 55 years old. You guys make comments about me buying used.... why do you think our country, the great USA is in the worst economic, most debt country in the world?

I am ashamed and embarrassed to be an American. The last 10 years according to CNN/FOX News, the US is the most obese country in the world, last 8 years! We're not only the most debted, but also the fattest country in the world. A friend of mine killed himself, hung himself last week... he was married, a 6 year old daughter. This guy had huge debt. Very sad....

My country, the USA, it's all about 'stuff'.... just watch TV every night. MTV Cribs and Unique Whips, these shows drill into you people's psyche to buy new, right now, and get in debt.

Some of you guys here need a gut check.

Oh, I'll buy used, and I'll buy "someone elses problem' too... then after I buy, I'm headed off to Rio de Janeiro for 3 months; Ipanama Beach, Popozudas, Chopps and Acai.

Have a good one. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
We (Americans) in general, we always want everything brand new. And the "Me Generation", we want it right now. 95% of all my buddies that buy buy new trucks - they finance them! And those same buddies can't even take a 2 week vacation to Brazil. They're stuck in their 9-5 jobs they hate working that job. Top it off with a wife and kids -- well, they're locked in for life. One buddy said, he might, might get to take a vacation alone with me to Brazil after he turns 55 years old. You guys make comments about me buying used.... why do you think our country, the great USA is in the worst economic, most debt country in the world?

I am ashamed and embarrassed to be an American. The last 10 years according to CNN/FOX News, the US is the most obese country in the world, last 8 years! We're not only the most debted, but also the fattest country in the world. A friend of mine killed himself, hung himself last week... he was married, a 6 year old daughter. This guy had huge debt. Very sad....

My country, the USA, it's all about 'stuff'.... just watch TV every night. MTV Cribs and Unique Whips, these shows drill into you people's psyche to buy new, right now, and get in debt.

Some of you guys here need a gut check.

Oh, I'll buy used, and I'll buy "someone elses problem' too... then after I buy, I'm headed off to Rio de Janeiro for 3 months; Ipanama Beach, Popozudas, Chopps and Acai.

Have a good one. :)

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Please tell me this is not going to get political?

Dude you probably are a 15 year old, sitting at home beating off to a truck you will not be able to afford till you’re 55. I have a family as most of the guys do on here and you don’t hear us complaining that we can’t do anything. Your friends, I mean you parents are just ***** whipped, so go cry to someone that cares. And like I say to all, if you don’t like it than get the **** out! I mean you got all this money moron!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, that didn't take long to prove Godwin's Law correct.

The guy is not a Nazi, Hitler, or anti-American. He's certainly being either obtuse or stubborn with regard to the current options.

I do find it odd that he came to an internet forum to ask for opinions and then shat all over anyone willing to offer them.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Well, that didn't take long to prove Godwin's Law correct.

The guy is not a Nazi, Hitler, or anti-American. He's certainly being either obtuse or stubborn with regard to the current options.

I do find it odd that he came to an internet forum to ask for opinions and then shat all over anyone willing to offer them.
Guess you did not read thread number 30:confused:

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Thanks guys... I'll have a wonderful vacation! I am looking forward to it. I'll be laying out on the beach every day at Post 10 while the majority of you guys who buy new trucks are working your butts off just stay above water... I'm curious, haw many of you that bash me are debt free? Can you leave for Tahiti tomorrow for 30 days?

Now please back to topic.

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thanks guys... I'll have a wonderful vacation! I am looking forward to it. I'll be laying out on the beach every day at Post 10 while the majority of you guys who buy new trucks are working your butts off just stay above water... I'm curious, haw many of you that bash me are debt free? Can you leave for Tahiti tomorrow for 30 days?

Thanks ;)
C'mon dude. Don't aska ghey 'debt free' question like that then say back to to topic.

You're topic was asking for help on which Tundra to choose then you approach folks here with that attitude.

I really don't think you will get much help that way.

Either way, good luck on your purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts

Thanks ;)
Yeah when one makes a good living anything is possible dumb ass. Its called an education, something I’m sure you have no idea about. No one really cares about you or your make believe life. And even if what you say is true, that’s great for you man. You think you are the only one that can do this? Do you want a cracker or something? If you had all this money then I doubt you would be asking us which truck you wanted, you would simply buy both of them DICK! Instead of being an ignorant **** about it, share it like an adult, or at least try to act like one first. I can do pretty much whatever I want and I have a wonderful family to do it with. Money is not a problem here. I think you stay single and free because you don’t have what it takes to be a man. I think you are a scared little boy. You can not afford to support a family let alone yourself, but wouldn’t expect you too cause you are probably in high school. So get out of your little race car bed, go ask you mother to fix you a sandwich and get lost. Could someone ban this jerk please!!!

Thanks for the laugh though, you have made my day. However I feel like I’ve lost some brain cells stepping down to your level, but none the less its been real. Now you better hurry, your Lego air plane is about to take off for destinations unknown haha.

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts

Thanks ;)
I can meet you in Tahiti if you want. No problem!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw the post you're referring to Ironman (edited: sorry SRT), and I personally think one should make a distinction between "anti-Americanism" and recognizing America's flaws, so that's what I did.

Of course, one can be a [email protected]$$ without being anti-American. And that can be proved empirically.

My personal finances are none of your concern Ray, but let's just say that I didn't have a second thought about making my recent purchase.

Lastly, if you're about to leave the country for 3 months, why are you in such a rush to buy a truck? It's not like all the Tundras will be gone when you get back, and if you don't own it you don't have to insure it while you're gone or jump start it on your return.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts