Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of plasti-dipping my wheels with this stuff. How does this stuff react with ArmorAll or any other car washing chemicals??

· Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Don't use spray on tire cleaners. I first plasti dipped the bead locks on my RW and used tire cleaner one day with washing and it made the pd bubble. It eventually fell off one ring at highway speed. I have since dipped my entire wheels and haven't had a problem just washing the tires with car soap.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any experiences with Armor All on the Plastdipped wheels?

· Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Reactions: BlackTundra52

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow.....I use that stuff too :( I guess if you use tire shine, one should use a sponge to apply it. At least now I know that tire shine and plastidip don't play well together! Thanks.

Reactions: BlackTundra52

· Registered
508 Posts
Soap and water before dipping, after you can put acid on there if you wanted. That is all.

· Premium Member
3,046 Posts
My tires are just never shiny until I spring for getting my wheels powder coated but that's ok

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soap and water before dipping, after you can put acid on there if you wanted. That is all.
I understand prepping the wheels before PD'ing the wheels. My actual question was after the wheels are Plastidipped. When applying tire dressing to the tires, and some tire dressing accidently gets on the wheels, will the tire shine have some chemical reaction with the plastidip?

· F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,701 Posts
Easiest way to know is to test it out. Find something in the garage to test spray. Let it dry and then test out whatever chemicals you want.

· Premium Member
220 Posts
DO NOT use armor all on anything... Or even anything with silicone for that matter...

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Premium Member
220 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice to know! Thanks Relentless!

· Premium Member
220 Posts
Your welcome Jersey!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.