Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the black out tape removed because of oxidation and divits.. FYI brand new paint underneath and it looks great! To replace the black/out tape or sometimes called pillar post the cost is $900! To remove and not replace is $80!! Toyota should stop putting this stuff on Tundras it's a film and can not be protected!

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
To remove and not replace .. free. It is so simple to remove it on your own, but glad you got it done regardless, as I agree it looks great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I replaced my drivers side black out tape a few months ago. Paid like 60 bucks for both tapes. It was a pain in the a$$ to get off all the old residue, but it came out really well. I would never pay $900, that's absurd! I agree, Toyota should skip the pillar tape.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I replaced my drivers side black out tape a few months ago. Paid like 60 bucks for both tapes. It was a pain in the a$$ to get off all the old residue, but it came out really well. I would never pay $900, that's absurd! I agree, Toyota should skip the pillar tape.
Where did you get the replacement tape?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried to upload pic but it's too big, looks great actually looks cleaner without it! Never have to worry about it again just wax and it's gonna last forever! I gotta 2011 Platinum...ya Toyota wouldn't touch it was referred to body shops to replace it when someone referred me to a window and tint shop, he removed and buffed out a few spots now it's perfect!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I had a shop do it for me, I think they gotta use alcohol, a heat gun etc paint was new underneath he just buffed a few spots.. Worth the $80 just to have it done right! I can't find any flaws at all...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No thanks it looks great without any tape paint is much better, most trucks Chevy etc don't have tape prob for a reason!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Did you pull it off? Every color comes from the factory with it.
Wrong, 14 Attitude Black 1794 does not come with the pillar tape from he factory

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I had no idea that was tape on that b pillar. Id love to take mine off!

We need pictures and some DIY info/stories.

I have a heat gun. But maybe a steamer would work better. Polish afterwards.

Never noticed Robots missing tape, looks so much better now that I look at it.

Need more Pics in other colors :)

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
I put carbon fiber wrap on my door pillars. Also covered the ugly fake wood inside.

where did you get it? I hate the chrome on my cup holders and on the chrome center console 1794 badge.

do you use a heat gun?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got mine from another member on here but you can get it on eBay. Just get the 3M brand stuff, not the cheaper knockoffs. Yes, a heat gun is very helpful and a must when it comes to compound curves. Watch a few you tubes videos to help. It's very easy to do and hard to screw up. All you need is a razor knife, squeegee and a heat gun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts