Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after many months of research and asking questions (many numerous times) and going back and forth on what lift to get, what tires to run and what wheels i like best, I decided to go with 20x9 kmc monster wrapped in 35x12.5 trail grapplers and for suspension I went with the zone 5" lift. I haven't had a chance to clean her up yet but here are a few photos.
I pulled my srt4 up to the tundra so you can get an idea how tall it is. Rear is weighed down in this pic because of my old wheels and tires where in the bed.

Here's a few more at my house after I unloaded my old wheels and tires from the bed.

As soon as we actually get some spring weather here in ohio I'm going to plast dip my nerf bars and debadge.

Reactions: Funkiller

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Looks good man, congrats. I think that grille would be awesome color matched with the toyota emblem as well.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great. How does it ride? Thinking of all to dowith mine, how much did it set you back?
The ride is close to stock, maybe a tiny bit more stiff but pretty damn close to stock.
It set me back a pretty good chunk of change, I got a good deal on the wheels/tires, I paid $2500 for wheels, tires, lugs,new tpms sensors, mounted and balanced and programmed to my car, also taking my truck back to him tomorrow for him to wash it inside and out which he threw in for free since I bought my wheels and tires from him. It's also a detail shop.
My lift was installed at a different place then where I bought my wheels. The install was a little more then I thought it would of and should of been. I paid $1300 for my lift, carrier bearing drop kit, upgraded nitro shock upgrade and shock boots.
It was $1200 for the install and allignment which I felt was high but had no choice but to pay it because the work was already done. Durring the install they found that one of my cam bolt assembly was seized up so they had to air hammer it off and replace it with a new one from toyota, I'm sure thats where that extra 300 came from for the parts and extra time spent dealing with it that i wasnt expecting. So after all said and done it set me back a cool $5000.

Reactions: TundraJosh

· Registered
189 Posts
Looks good!

Your truck looks hella high compare to your garage on the 3rd pic. I likeee! lol

· Registered
38 Posts
Who did your lift kit? 5grand sounds about right, I dont hink you over paid. I live in Ohio too. Been looking for a reliable place.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Da##! Every time I look at pictures like yours, I find more mods I want to do and it seems to get more expensive more I think about it. Your truck looks awesome.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who did your lift kit? 5grand sounds about right, I dont hink you over paid. I live in Ohio too. Been looking for a reliable place.
My lift was bought and installed at performance off road in Alexandria ky, Performance Off-Road is there website, they are authorized dealer for zone lift. Reason I picked them was because they been in business for something like 30 yrs, they do a lot of tundra lift for dealerships in this area and they work pretty damn quick, I dropped my truck off Monday morning and pick it back up Tuesday afternoon.

· Registered
508 Posts
Nice rig. I keep thinking its mine.

· Registered
138 Posts
That's a great deal on the tires and wheels. $5K isn't bad for the complete setup. Yeah it's a chunk of change, but every time you see your truck you know where it went. Not like a lot of other shtuff we buy and wonder where it all went.

· Premium Member
732 Posts
Looks great man...def have to get a lift on my truck this spring..level kit isnt cutting it for me anymore...these tundras of ours look bad a$$ lifted..

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought about doing a 3/1 level kit but I knew I wouldn't of been satisfied so I skipped the level kit and went right to the 5" lift.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
truck looks great! whats the height of the cab?
Kind of hard to get a 100% accurate measurement with my drive way surface and trying to hold the tape measure, but from the couple tries I would say its 82 1/2- 83". If anyone has an easy method of measuring I would like to hear about it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.