Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post pictures of their truck with a 3/1 kit running stock tires?

I'm considering the Toytec 3/1 since my local delearship is offering it now. Wondering how tiny stock tires would look.

Thanks! :)

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda what I was thinking...

The trouble is I have wheels/tires for summer and winter and I'd prefer to replace just the summer set with bigger tires to go with the lift. It's good to be low for winter and I have a good set of winters on the stock 20" wheels that I'd prefer to keep for the winter...

· Registered
1,036 Posts
Not too bad. You can put a floor jack on your front crossmember. Jack it up until the wheel well opening is 3 inches higher than what you have now. And thats about it. That's what it's going to look like.

· Registered
3,750 Posts
Why don't you just get some Duratracs and run them year round and sell off the winters?
Quite a few Albertan's seem to like them with your weather.

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My preference is for dedicated winter tires; they work best. No compromise.

Sounds like only a 33" tire will clear with the 3/1 Toytec coilover kit anyway. That's only a 1/2" of extra ground clearance. Might not be worth it...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Reactions: Canadian_Tundra

· Registered
51 Posts
I live in Calgary as well and i run both winter w/stock and mud w/aftermarket. The truck does look a bit weired with the stocks, but oh well ill get good life out of my mud tires
Are those 33"s or 35"s?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.