Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok... this might be a stupid question, but how are you guys mounting your phones? I previously used a magnetic mount that hooked up to an AC vent, but it doesnt work well in the 2016 Tundra.

Any other reliable ways of mounting phones? I prefer my phone navigation over Scout GPS. I also just like my phone mounted.

Pics of your mount location would be great!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Isn't that what all those pockets in the door are for?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reactions: salazar44

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow... I guess I better start looking into pro clip! Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
358 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
https://www.amazon.com/Maxboost-Magnetic-Universal-Dashboard-ADH-Tape/dp/B0721D4NPP/ref=sr_1_23?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1519655211&sr=1-23&keywords=magnetic+car+mount
Been using this for years. A thin magnet goes inside your phone case, while the disk sticks to your dash and matches the interior well. Mine goes right next to the AC outlet just left of the Stereo display.
The only problem is it is I find myself leaving my phone in the car because I forget its there.
Hey Skiddy, no issues with the base sticking onto the dash?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Hey Skiddy, no issues with the base sticking onto the dash?
No issues just wipe with alcohol first. I actually love the way it looks, it matches the interior well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an Anker magnetic ball mount. Used my own 3M super strong VHB tape rather than the stuff that came with it... just to be safe. Mounted it right below the air vent right of the steering wheel (see red x in attached pic). Placed just right so the phone won't get blasted by the vent. The ball style mount is nice because you can swivel any which way. Just make sure the dash is cleaned thoroughly with alcohol. NO residue from cleaners, polishes, etc at all. The magnet is pretty strong, so I try to slide my phone off to the side rather than pull it to minimize the stress on the adhesive. The thing hasn't budged. It's clean looking and the phone is positioned perfectly.

I'd post a pic the phone on my dash, but I need to do it when someone else is around to take the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Proclip with Ram X you'll be all set. I can send you a pic when I get home in a few days

·
Registered
236 Posts
Been using this one for some time now (made it a few years ago).

At some point I might make another version with some improvements....

X2!

I been using the first one RIJon made. It's awesome and works unreal!

Thanks again Jon.

YB

Reactions: RIjon

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an Anker magnetic ball mount. Used my own 3M super strong VHB tape rather than the stuff that came with it... just to be safe. Mounted it right below the air vent right of the steering wheel (see red x in attached pic). Placed just right so the phone won't get blasted by the vent. The ball style mount is nice because you can swivel any which way. Just make sure the dash is cleaned thoroughly with alcohol. NO residue from cleaners, polishes, etc at all. The magnet is pretty strong, so I try to slide my phone off to the side rather than pull it to minimize the stress on the adhesive. The thing hasn't budged. It's clean looking and the phone is positioned perfectly.

I'd post a pic the phone on my dash, but I need to do it when someone else is around to take the pic.
This is where i am mounting my pixel phone as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
And then there's this!

Would be a lot more work, but super solid. I haven't made my decision yet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts