Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I finally have it narrowed down between these two bulbs for my 14 crewman. Since I installed the Morimoto fogs the color difference in my headlights is starting to bother me.

Major pros and cons of each?

I see the GTR are backordered till Jan. and the Philips I can get for about $40 cheaper. The GTR have a lifetime warranty too.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
at this point I would consider just going with the 2018 LED OEM lights, they will blow these LED bulbs swap away.

I have the Phillips, the color is good, they dont blind people, but the hotspots are kinda annoying and the high beam throw is just acceptable

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
If its just the color that bothers you, the regular Silverstar bulbs are whiter than the stock bulbs.
Not the Ultra Sliverstars just the regular ones..

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a set of the GTR Gen 3 bulbs. Basically plug n play with no moving parts. They are made with a heat sink which I prefer. Super bright and great beam. I have had to adjust my lights down to the number 2 setting on the dial. I was getting flashed alot. Great buy and would do it all over again. Fiy i have stock 2010 headlight housings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
As soon as someone comes out with the adapter harness for the new headlights, this is the direction I'm going. This will give you the best results for both color and performance.

--Matt

What do you mean by "as soon as"? Been available for a while.

Attachments

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
Can you elaborate on what you purchased? I have been reading some of the threads about the harnesses and Its a little confusing.

Is it as simple as buying the lights, and installing them with only the harness adapter?

Thanks

You need the lights, harness, and a Motocontrol from the Retrofit Source. You also need to re-pin a couple of wires.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
between the two if you aren't going with the 2018 OEM LED headlights I think that is a better choice.

I haven't read of anyone getting flashed with the Phillips and the guy above said he was getting flashed all the time with the GTR, so that right there tells you there is less scatter with the Phillips.

I have never been flashed once and I can run at a 0 headlight setting.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.