Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had been shopping around for a truck for a while, and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I couldn't be happier. Its a white 2017 Tundra SR5, 5.7, 4x4, TRD Package, spray in bed liner, with black interior, only had 57 miles on it.

So far my only gripes, is that while wearing my sunglasses its difficult to see the stereo/navi (it must be my polarized sunglasses), and that it didn't come with running boards standard. The wife is short and is difficult to get in and out without them. She likes the automatic boards in the F150 Platinum, so I ordered some Amp Research Powersteps yesterday (there's a $100 rebate on them). Most of the running boards i saw on the tundras looked bad in my opinion. I'm more of a fan of the clean look.

Here's what i want to do to the Tundra in the future
- Amp Research Power Steps (on their way)
- Backflip MX4 or G2
- Definitely need to loose the chrome in the front grille and replace it with the trd pro one.
- Maybe color matched inserts in the front/rear bumper (shit they're expensive though compared to the grill)
- Stereo upgrade: I have the etune audio premium without JBL. It definitely needs a sub to start with. Still looking at the options, a lot of the boxes i see are ported, i like sealed boxes. Might pony up and get the JL box.
- Maybe a trd exhuast

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the truck.

Reactions: TundraStruk

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome to the site, enjoy the ride. Yes polarized glasses do not work with the screen. Non- polarized work OK. I have to flip my glasses to the top of my head to see the screen depending on which glasses I have on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!
Dealership did a shit job on detailing the interior. Pulled out the detailing gear and she's shinning like a new penny!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.