Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2010 Tundra DC, 5.7 SR5 package, I bought it at the dealer in 2010 and it had a 2" lift when I bought it, 20" rims and toyo tires, I barley put 38000 miles on it.

Last month I finally paid it off. So I am interested in a great performance exhaust and CAI system. I would like the best for the money. My question is does this hurt the engine performance or anything in a bad way!

I guess with the tires I have on it is making the gas mileage the worst ever!

Also I noticed from day one the front end is a bit lower then the rear with the lift. Would it help anything if I leveled it evenly and if so, whats the best way to do it.

Are the TRD bielstien shocks worth getting brand other to replace all 4 shocks, the one on now are ok though.

Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

San Antonio Texas

·
Registered
491 Posts
Do not get a cold air intake. They do nothing but add noise and no power. Get a k&n drop in filter and do the carbon filter delete. As for exhaust get a hold of @dirtydeeds for the bamuffler of your choice. I actually talked to Keith tonight and placed my order. Great guy to talk to. Can't wait till I get mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
491 Posts
If you open up your air box under the lid their is a carbon filter under it. You will see it. Only purpose it serves is to trap any gas fumes that would come back through the intake when you shut the truck off. You can see where it's attached grab a flat head screw driver and pop it out. Think about it if you were to get an intake you would be getting rid of it anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts