Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

new to the forum and just got a new to me, 05 Tundra SR5 with the V8. Was wondering if any of those performance chip/boxes on Ebay are worth while. Thanks for any input.

Scott

·
Registered
717 Posts
Sad too say man but nope the only good chips would be potato chips and all they would do is keave crumbs in the truck. Majority of population that has tried any of the performance chips say nay due to the comouters relearning around the chip. Save the money and suoercharge if you want real performance.!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Honestly, from my experience, I'd stay away from ebay chips and tuners unless the seller is directly linked to a credible store or the manufactorer(sp?). I would buy off the forum or from a good credible site before ebay. Some other stuff on ebay is good, but tuners and whatnot I would be questionable.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
There was a thread either on here or TS. Someone insisted on trying one despite everybody's warning and I think when he got it he found it out was exactly the piece of crap everybody said it would be. And then his main logic for ignoring everyone and trying it anyway failed because it was a bigger PITA to get his money back than they made it sound like it would be in the ad. If stuff like this was legit I would imagine the truck manufacturers would make the inventor richer than god to go give up his rights and go away and the part would become OEM.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Most of the "performance chips" are a 3 cent resistor wired into the MAF sensor to force a richer fuel mixture. They are worthless!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts