Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've seen one post on this same issue but it didn't appear to be resolved... I have a new tundra that I bought new (had 500 or so miles in it from dealer). Since driving it off the lot a couple weeks ago, I'm noticing a buzzing / vibration feel in the pedal when accelerating. Seems to happen in a certain RPM range around 3rd gear... I'll need to test next time I drive it to post the exact range/gear. Any one else have this issue? I test drove a number of tundras but don't remember feeling this in other trucks. Mine is a 2017 CM TRD 4x4

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
JCLtundra, I don't know if my issue is related or not, but have had my '17 Platinum back to two separate dealers 3 times with a shudder/missing feeling that's occurring between 45-55mph, especially if it shifts to 6th gear and when I give it slight acceleration on inclines/hills, I feel it specifically in the gas pedal. If I give it more acceleration that the tranny downshifts, the issue never occurs. I've driven another '17 Tundra when mine was being looked at and I felt similar behavior, but no where as drastic as mine. Anyway, I've had 2 service techs ride with me on two occasions, they both acknowledge feeling the issue, but when I went to pick up the truck, they keep telling me nothing is wrong and it functions as designed, BS! If this is the way a Tundra supposed to drive, even though I just purchased this truck, I'll be looking for another truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx CoalMineMtn, I think my issue is a little different from what you describe. Mine seems to correspond to the engine sound so I think Brian20 is right. Thanks all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.