Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering doing some of the Plasi-dip stuff. My question is on its durability. I don't want something that is gonna be sprayed on one day. Take a little cinder off the roadway and be ready to peel off because of a little chip... can anybody throw some input on how long this will last and keep looking good? Looking at covering my bumpers, grill surround, toolbox, maybe more depending...

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
It will chip less than your paint would.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did the front Toyota badge earlier this afternoon. Peeled it off, just to make a believer out of myself. Doing it again as of right now. Will do the other badges next week. It's suppose to rain all weekend here.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's tough for sure. Did my flares and just did my bumper. Put on several coats and it'll last a long time and hold up to sand and gravel on the roads and mudding.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just backed over one of my dads 6ft trees this is what it did.
that rub mark wiped off easy. Lay it on heavy and it's almost bulletproof.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Need a back up cam? Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Took the words right out of my mouth...

Back and forth on what I would do color wise. Whether I go classic black... Or if I go gun metal. This would be on a White Tundra. If I go gun metal it would be Wheels, Badges, Chrome on front and rear bumper. My tool box I am going to keep black, but probably going to actually paint that...

To give insight into thoughts for color... I like the black looks, but also want to be atleast a little bit unique...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
386 Posts
I went through the car wash today and it faded some of the pd on my grill. Another trip through and it will look bad. I put on three coats, and it was a professional wash not a gas station.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I've pressure washed mine at least a dozen times so far with no fading at all. Weird.

Maybe it was the cheap soap/chemicals they used in the wash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
386 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts