Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2013 tundra with tow mirrors and i think there is a issue with the passenger side Mirror. Everything in that mirror is Magnified. Its like the car behind me is right up my a$$. The driver side mirror is normal. I have not had tow mirrors before, is this a defect or is this normal for some magical reason :)

Thanks
Jkru

· Registered
622 Posts
Most passenger side mirrors of any kind say objects may appear closer. My sport mirrors say it and ya they look too close ha. Should be normal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mirrors don't have any text like that on them, but I have seen that writing before. I have never noticed any mirrors do this; maybe it is because they are bigger its more noticeable? I am wondering why they would do this to one mirror and not the other; strange.

Thanks!

· Premium Member
440 Posts
I've noticed that when I can see a vehicle, I just passed, in my passenger side mirror, it's actually about a care and a half length behind.

Room for another car to sneak around that vehicle behind you and into your blind spot.

:eek:

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've noticed that when I can see a vehicle, I just passed, in my passenger side mirror, it's actually about a care and a half length behind.

Room for another car to sneak around that vehicle behind you and into your blind spot.

:eek:
So things in your mirrors appear closer on the right side as well? Some phd must have had some sort of brilliant idea as to why they should design it that way. I cannot think of any good reason to do this?

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Passenger side mirrors are convex to give you a wider angle of view to help with your passenger side blind spot. The side effect of this is that objects viewed in that mirror seem farther away. This isn't needed on the driver's side, so they use a planar mirror. You can just quick "shoulder check" your blind spot on the driver's side. The driver's side mirror is also physically closer to you so you can move your head to change the viewing angle into the mirror to check your blind spot. Being as close as you are to the driver's side mirror, you don't have to move your head a large distance to see more/different areas in your mirror. If the passenger mirror was planar, you would have to move your head close to your radio in order to see everything you can see with a convex mirror, which isn't practical, or safe, while driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Premium Member
440 Posts
You should take them off and trade me for my sports plus cash! Problem solved!
Haha!

Funny!!

I still have my original set of sport mirrors.

I like the tow mirrors.

I just wasn't sure if I was suppose to remove the rubber gasket like thing and if that would have lessened their slight shakiness.

Being a truck driver, I'm use to shaky mirrors.
Just not on my personal vehicle.

;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Read Only
3,501 Posts
The mirror size it would be hard for them not to shake a little bit. Like i said mine shake but its just a minimal amount. Roads here probably cause most of it along with my Nittos being 2 inch wider than stock with bigger lugged tread

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.