Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I often have my dog upfront and was w ok wondering if theirs a way I can turn off the airbag or disable it so that just in case of I where to get in a accident the airbag doesnt kill my dog? I have a 2004 toyota tundra sr5 double cab

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Unless the dog is restrained or contained, the risks is there no matter what.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless the dog is restrained or contained, the risks is there no matter what.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree, we have these seat belt type things that lock them in, but if the dog is a bigger dog it could kill it still, that's why I am wondering

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
So I often have my dog upfront and was w ok wondering if theirs a way I can turn off the airbag or disable it so that just in case of I where to get in a accident the airbag doesnt kill my dog?
You could unplug it and install something like this in its place:
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Airbag-Emulator-Simulator-Car-Fault-Finding-Diagnostic-Air-Bag-Tool-SRS-Repair/192313822183
Or, you could wire up a 3 way switch that would switch between the real airbag and the simulator, that way you would actually have the ability to turn it off when your dog sits in the front, and turn it back on when there is a person sitting there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be more interested in. A 3 way option, would be good so if I have anyone in the car they would still be safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts