Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2014 1794 Edition, 3800 miles. The passenger side parking sensor is going off intermittently - turns the front passenger side indicator on the dash panel red and tone is continuous, as if I am about to collide with the vehicle. Only problem is that the nearest vehicle is about 10-12 feet away. I have
read, on The Tundra Headauarters site, Toyota Issues Tech Tip - 2014 Tundra Pickups Park Assist Issue | Tundra Headquarters Blog that the mounting clips are not real sturdy and allow the sensor to slip.
Toyota has issued a technical tip to dealers about this: T-TT-0287-14.

Has anyone else had this problem besides me?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had this issue, first time they told me they could not duplicate the problem. Second time they said they "tightened" the loose sensor up. No problems sense.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Have a 2014 1794 Edition, 3800 miles. The passenger side parking sensor is going off intermittently - turns the front passenger side indicator on the dash panel red and tone is continuous, as if I am about to collide with the vehicle. Only problem is that the nearest vehicle is about 10-12 feet away. I have
read, on The Tundra Headauarters site, Toyota Issues Tech Tip - 2014 Tundra Pickups Park Assist Issue | Tundra Headquarters Blog that the mounting clips are not real sturdy and allow the sensor to slip.

I've had my 1794 right at 5,000 miles and my parking sensors have never gone off. Doesn't really concern me now that I have an aftermarket bumper, but I wonder if they ever worked at all.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts

I had this issue on my 2014 LTD, and yes it was the front passenger sensor. I decided to look for myself what was wrong with the sensor. First I thought it had water in the sensor as it started acting up right after washing the truck(used a power washer). Then I noticed it would beep red intermittently driving slow over bumps.

I took the inner fender apart to get to the sensor, and found the clip barely holding the sensor. I pushed clip back on the sensor, and made sure it was straight. Put it all back together, and took it for a drive.

No issue with it since. It has been functioning as advertised. It beeps with green indicator lines when it picks up an obstruction, and turns to a red line with a constant beep when you are about to touch the obstruction.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm having this problem. I pulled my inner wheel well lining off and pulled the clip off the sensor. As soon as I took the clip off, the sensor acted fine. When I put the clip on, the red light and beep was on again. I tried the clip and sensor in like 20 different positions and it still beeps anytime the clip is on.

Yesterday I went through a car wash and turned the sensors off due to them all going off. This problem was found today when I turned them back on. It's been slightly above freezing today so they shouldn't have ice in them or anything. Any ideas? Was your service covered under warranty when you took it in?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts