Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2010 DC Limited 4x4 and when the "sonar" is on, I get a beep and object detected from the left rear and I'm guessing the center rear because the dash icon shows the left amber dot and rear ))) illuminated the entire time after the initial self test. Anyone have a way to trouble shoot this for a layman? I don't particularly care for my local dealership and was hoping to avoid going there for their usual run around. Thanks...

· Registered
1,054 Posts
could swap sensors between left and right and see if the same warning arrows light up,if they change than its a sensor problem,if they don't then its probably a wiring problem.its more than likely the sensors.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could swap sensors between left and right and see if the same warning arrows light up,if they change than its a sensor problem,if they don't then its probably a wiring problem.its more than likely the sensors.
Thanks... I unplugged it easily enough. Wasn't really sure which prong to manipulate to get the sensor out of it's hole. I'll go mess with it in a bit. Anyone have a source for individual sensors? It's really annoying. Thanks...

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've noticed they'll go off sometimes when their wet and also from exhaust steam.

Yeah, I read a little about them here in a forum search and that was brought up a bit. These never extinguish and it's on the opposite side of the exhaust. I'll let google see if it can find me some replacements...

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if the OEM parking sonar sensors are the same from 07 to 10? I need to replace some and wanted to know if they are interchangeable before I spend the $$$. Thanks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.