Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be far fetched a little but if someone could help me out that would be great. Did I parallel wire these 2 subs together correctly?

Audio equipment Technology Wire Electronic device Gadget

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Reactions: Larry 3

·
Registered
408 Posts
Usually, parallel, it all depends on your amp set up

Reactions: Larry 3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I just talked to my amp manufacturer, they said I need to put them in series... so I hope I did it correctly lol. The picture above is what I did. And then I'll run the positive and negative (the cords on the side) to the box terminals and then to my amp. On the right track?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Are you using a mono amp that needs a 2 ohm load?

What is the rating of each voice coil on the subs?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a mono amp that needs a 2 ohm load.

Each sub is a 1 ohm 600W dual voice coil.

The amp is a Powerbass ASA 600.2, 2 ohm, 2 channel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
OK, you have a 2 channel amp that will handle 2 ohms per side. Since the speakers are 1 ohm DVC, I would suggest one amp channel per speaker. The coils of each sub would then be wired in series.

For example, the left positive of the amp would go to the positive of one coil, the left negative of the amp would then go to negative of the opposite coil. The remaining two terminals, negative from one side and positive on the other, would be tied together.

Then do the same for the other amp channel and woofer. Clear as mud? ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Slate is correct. You need to wire each individual sub in series and then connect it to its own channel. Connect one of the '+' to the opposite '-' then the remaining '+' and '-' to the amp. Repeat for the second speaker. Also, your amp doesn't require a 2 ohm load, it is rated for as low as a 2 ohm load. You can always go higher, but not necessary in your case. With two 2-ohm stable channels and your subs connected as 2 ohm loads, you will be maximizing your power transfer. The picture you posted is not the correct configuration. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts