Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Tundra CM, SR5 w/ TRD package. It has the stock non-Nav head unit that includes XM and Bluetooth. Until two weeks ago I had an iPhone 4 that was paired and working perfectly. When BT audio was selected I could stream Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, and internal music without any issues. If I had any music source selected including AM/FM/XM/CD, iPhone via USB, or flash drive/USB - they all worked fine. If I held down the Home button, the voice command function would automatically mute the audio source and place the phone's audio instead. The same applied to receiving calls - If I answered an incoming call, the music would be muted and the phone call audio would be the only thing played through the stereo speakers. All was good.

Two weeks ago I threw off the Apple leash and picked up an AT&T Galaxy S4 as a regular upgrade. I have been able to pair the phone to the headunit but I can only use the phone if I select the BT Audio source. The automatic muting of the other music sources doesn't happen for incoming calls, or when attempting to use voice commands. Did I miss something?

When I paired the phone I deleted all other phones and BT audio devices/players from the head unit first. Then I paired the phone and also selected the "internal audio player" option. So what am I doing wrong? The whole point of the BT connection is the hands free calling, but at this point I have to manually switch over to the BT audio (from any other music source) to hear the call through the speakers and make calls.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
When changing from an iPad and phone to a Galaxy Note 2, I had to delete the music player and the cell phone in the head unit. (they are separate).

I had to make sure that there were no pairings in the head unit. It took three times to delete them completely, they would return if I turned the car off and waited a minute, then restarted the car.

Then I paired the Note 2 to the phone side, not the radio side of the BT on the truck.

This did not work 3 times.

On the fourth time through, the music (Pandora) came on after about 2 minutes of nothing. Then the phone worked.

If I change to Torque BT I have to do this every time also.

It took about 20 minutes to connect the Note 2 with my 2012 DC.

Apple is way easier.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Your Tundra is probably still a bit sick from connecting to a CrApple device for so long.

Seriously though, Toyota's BT implementation is horrible. Follow what Maxis stated, make sure you completely delete you CRiPhone from the HU and start all over. My Note2 connects with no problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started with that - deleted all phones, and BT audio devices before I even tried to pair the GS4. It took several attempts but both sides of the phone work - but the phone doesn't unless I manually select the headunit source at BT audio :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts