Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to see a tundra with the door handles painted the same color as the body. All you can get is either black or chrome door handles. The only one that comes painted is the back door on the double cabs. If they can do it for that one...why not the others. I'm not big on chrome and the matte black door handles would look awesome if they were painted to match the body. So question is, would I be better off trying to find a place to dip them, or just go ahead and get them sprayed? I asked the dealer if they could get it and they said I'm the first person to ask if I could get the door handles the same color! Come on, I can't be the only one that isn't a big fan of chrome and likes painted door handles! Whatcha think?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
cheap, fast and easy install. I ended up doing mine like ram, and putting the chrome handle with the red lock housing. I ended up putting it all red again. On a crewmax I think it would look sweet but on the double cab it looked.. just.. off..? haha

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i would have to get the full set since i have a crewmax and for all 4 door handles is $137, but i would like to do the tailgate as well.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That your best of having painted.. I don't think ebay has them color matched just unpainted and chrome

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That your best of having painted.. I don't think ebay has them color matched just unpainted and chrome
to have them painted, i'd have to have them sanded pretty hard down then painted and clear coated huh? i would want it to match!

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
to have them painted, i'd have to have them sanded pretty hard down then painted and clear coated huh? i would want it to match!
Honestly I don't think so, Today body and paint shops can paint just about anything. I had a local place do my black plastic mirror caps in radiant red for $50 and they were perfect.

Just give a few shops a call and ask around

·
Registered
94 Posts
Honestly I don't think so, Today body and paint shops can paint just about anything. I had a local place do my black plastic mirror caps in radiant red for $50 and they were perfect.

Just give a few shops a call and ask around
old post but did they get rid of the textured look? the red just looked like the smooth body paint after?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts