Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Marky Mark's Tundra (I think it's his anyway), and I saw how he removed the black vinyl panels from in between his doors. I was wondering if this is the same for all of the Tundra's? If I remove these panels off of my CrewMax, will it be blue under there like the rest of my truck?

See... Here is his:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Yes there are a couple threads on this. It is painted the same color as the truck.

You have to peel it off carefully, polish it up a bit. Some people like it/ some don't.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
mine had a scratch in it from when i bought it so i took mine off... i didnt really care for it anyhow so it all worked out! beware though its not the easiest material to take off. took me a lil bit to take it off then i had to use goo gone to get the rest of the sticky residue off. i love the way it looks now though!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Some people found when they removed the vinyl strip the paint under it had blemishes and they had to buy new strips to cover it up again

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have heard a few people complain that the paint had blemishes in it, or was even thinner than the rest of the truck. If I took these off can they be put back on?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have heard a few people complain that the paint had blemishes in it, or was even thinner than the rest of the truck. If I took these off can they be put back on?
you take it off for good. if you have doubts then don't do it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So I just did mine Saturday. Now all I need to do is order up the matching handles and mirror cap.

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
I am still conflicted on the look. I agree with some that the all black and front rear tint gives the cab a longer look. The paint seems to make the doors look scrunched together. Fortunately there is Plasti-Dip. Did not know about it back then. Now not so scary to do. Cheap to get the OEM look again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts