Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The white plastic on the front bumper that runs along it has a 1" flake. It's to the plastic for no reason going to take it in Monday . Where its flaking it runs about 3 more inches where it's going to come off .

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of sad the wind blows it off yeah .

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the dealer now they are going to repaint the plastic . The managereven said we all know about toyotas paint. Wow

·
Registered
663 Posts
At the dealer now they are going to repaint the plastic . The managereven said we all know about toyotas paint. Wow
This happened to me on my last truck (2010 Ram 1500). Was at the car wash hitting it with the power washer and somehow stripped the paint right off the plastic bumper cover.

Point being.. its not just Tundras ;)

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
It happens a lot. Called rock chips. That's the famous dealer saying.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It happens a lot. Called rock chips. That's the famous dealer saying.
First thing out his mouth was rock chip . Nope then how come there in no ding spot where the rock you said hit ? Oh we'll ill get my manager ok go, his word we all know about toyotas paint . Take pictures send them in you will hear from us soon. His words they will cover it give him a week . Ok thanks.

Rock dings that's my dime no biggie but till my bumper to bumper is over and rock chips are part of the coverage in on it . Thanks guys.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
mine did same thing at car wash... They got it covered.

Reactions: Mike Hickman
1 - 10 of 10 Posts