Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to pull the trigger on a ceramic coating for my 2010 Tundra. The paint was actually in pretty good shape, and I felt like the clear coat would probably start breaking down unless I did something pretty soon. I found a local detailer through a Google search with almost all 5-star ratings. I called him and ended up going to see him in person. He seemed very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his work. Long story short, he kept my truck from Monday to Saturday, and the results are astonishing. I literally did not recognize my truck as I was pulling in to pick it up. It looked 2-3 shades darker. The paint is so much richer, and the sparkle is back. I did not realize that oxidation, not fading, had made my truck look lighter over time. Everything looks better The chrome bumpers and grill trim shine like new. The outside mirrors are new again. The headlights are no longer the least bit cloudy. The finish is as smooth as glass. A friend asked me this morning if I had had my truck painted. It was not cheap, but I could not be happier. A 10-year-old truck that looks showroom new? Amazing, but true! Hopefully, the ceramic finish will keep it this way for years to come. Some pics below:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts