Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could the Guru's please post info on pad cleaning here? It's kind of hard to search in the other threads. What about Nano skins?

Type of products (APC's?) and techniques. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Dish soap works, but it's difficult to remove all the suds. An APC (all purpose cleaner) like Adams APC, Einszettes Blitz or even Simple Green works great for cleaning pads and rinses out very well. Clean and rinse them thoroughly in warm water using a pad cleaning brush and hang dry. I have a clothes line strung high in the garage with Velcro tabs on it. After I wash and rinse mine, I hang them there for a day or two, then put them in their individual baggies.

BlackFire make a great pad cleaner as well. I'll use an APC when I run out of BlackFire.

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-advanced-pad-cleaner.html

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was out of APC last time so I just rinsed and scrubbed them as best I could.

My APC should be here Friday. Hoping I can soak to re-wet the compound/polish/sealant and then clean properly.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Adams also makes a pad cleaner, it works OK. I just as soon use my Adams all purpose cleaner. Seems about the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.