Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about my brake controller. While i am driving pulling my trailer and i hit my brakes my controller some times say brake overload and it switches to red. I can let off the brakes and start driving and it will come back on. It sometimes works like it should and sometimes it doesnt. Could this mean that i need to do the additional ground on the controller? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It could, although I'd think it was a fault in the wiring to the trailer.

Have you asked the makers of the P3? Perhaps they could clarify why they think the OEM GND wire is too small for the application.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not asked them yet. I have planned on taking my trailer in to have some work done on it and will have them check everything.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You have a bad break out put wire on the trailer side more than likely. I have a p3 and mine did the same thing. Mine ended up being a wire inside one of the drums was rubbing and caused a bear spot and was cutting out the trailer brakes. It is the protect the truck. After checking all the blue wire from tongue to brakes and find nothing I then spun each trailer wheel one at a time and hit the manual lever till I found the one that made it cut out. Wish I would have done this first. Try it if its one of the brake drums in particular the controller will tell you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts