Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a few different searches on here and on google. Couldnt find any mods that people have done to their Overhead consoles or new custom consoles that have been made other than for an FJ. I like having all the drop down sunglass holders but its usually just me in the truk and I wear my sunglasses, no need for all the holders. Any thoughts, pix or ideas?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Bump, I want to know what can I do with all those unused compartment also.. Geez, toyota could have made something more better than that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They could have made something better or more efficient, compact, or more "multipurpose" friendly

·
Registered
945 Posts
Too bad there isn't an over head monitor conversion kit or something... I like the OEM look of it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What would you like?
this is the biggest question. You can ultimately have what ever you like. Its a matter of being able to build it or pay someone. There is already a cut out the entire length of it so it needs to be around the same size unless you want to redo the headliner.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I remember seeing a post a couple years ago of a really good install of a monitor in the rear compartment. It fit really well. They just trimmed the bottom out and set the monitor in there with some 3m tape. I want to do something like that to entertain the little ones and make better use of the compartments at the same time. Its nice because you can fold it up and hide it when not in use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not really sure what I would like. Im not very creative so I wouldnt be ablt to think of shat I would like to put up there. Maybe a CB fluch mounted as far forward as possible and some different size compartments for the rest of the length. Not too interested in a monitor or anything like that since its just one more thing to break. Anyone have any ideas of stuff to stich up there. How about a super low profile overhead console that doesnt have any drop down doors but instead is a long contoured rectangle that is slotted for M.O.L.L.E. gear? Then just have the map lights be their own separate piece. Are there any pics that anyone has of anything at all?

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Thats what I did with it. It nowholds my backup camera monitor. Truck didn't come with back up camera, so I insgtalled my own. Pretty easy installation. I tied my back up cam to the power feeding the running lights. I put a push button switch in one of the blanks. As long as I have my running lights on I can turn the camera on any time I want.

KO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts