Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy yall,

I just switched over to the dark side. I just sold my Dodge Cummins 5.9 Diesel (475,000 miles and it finally died :( ) for a 2010 Toyota Tunda crewmax. Let me tell you this little toyota is small and fast! I live in South Texas along the coast and Im sure i will have more then a few questions. I have always heard good things about the tundras i hope they live up to all the hype!

·
Registered
168 Posts
welcome txduckslayer...what parts are you from

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Welcome to TT. Lots of helpful info here.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Welcome from Mcallen

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome and congrats. By the way, 'from' is not spelled "T, O". :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not going to lie it was weird putting gas in my truck. This is the first gas truck i have owned. But it was nice to have a full tank at 60 dollars insted of 130$.

·
Registered
112 Posts
welcome!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
duck hunt

Corpus, it looks to be a whole lot of Texas members here :)
hey we duck hunt in rockport every year...maybe we can get together and exchange some hunts...we've hunted the upper laguna madre by the causeway a few times with a long time bud of mine who lives in calallen...i lived in calallen for about 6 years many moons ago...love the area and will retire in rockport in a about 7 years when i'm 55...duck season is almost here...can't hardly stand myself

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow $60 to fill. I'm envious, mine is about $100 even to fill....

Welcome!

·
Registered
168 Posts
my average is 70 to 75 but that's around 1/8 of a tank...gas here is about 3.50

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey we duck hunt in rockport every year...maybe we can get together and exchange some hunts...we've hunted the upper laguna madre by the causeway a few times with a long time bud of mine who lives in calallen...i lived in calallen for about 6 years many moons ago...love the area and will retire in rockport in a about 7 years when i'm 55...duck season is almost here...can't hardly stand myself
Hey I am always looking for new hunting/fishing buddys. Hunting season starts in just 3 weeks! I hunt alot around Corpus/ Port A./Bayside, never in rockport. Too far to take the boat :)

My first fill up i almost put diesel in the truck good thing they dont fit! I paid 3.19. The filling up the wipper tank, reminds me of a fishing trip early in the morning. Insted of filling the thank i put the gas in the rod holder hole, they shouldnt make the holes look alike!

I went and did the first oil change and everything, sad part I found out is the truck was run hard from its former owner :( . Hopefully they live up to their name, because the last owner put my truck to the test.

I am finding a few things i need to replace, like rear bumper/radio/skid plate/tow mirrors...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha another thing I found out was the previous owner had KC lights installed, I guess he had them tied into the high beams. When he went to trade in the truck he just cut all the wires thus leaving me with no head lights (lesson learned next car/truck i buy i test the lights, who thinks to test the lights??). Last night i was out to dinner with the wife and it was dark on the way home i couldnt figure out how to turn on these fancy darn headlights. After about 15 mins and the owners book i gave up and looked under the hood only to find all the wires had be cut, so we drove home with fog lights :(... So this morning after a few splices i got the head lights working again! :) makes me wonder whatelse was cut............. :/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts