Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your opinions on the Toyota Trucks emblem on the grill? This pic is not my truck but I am using it as an example. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
needs some depth to it. i think it'd look good if it was milled out if a solid piece of aluminum

Reactions: Ogtoyfan and Mickey

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was also thinking trying to do a Raptor style as I like the way the grill looks. Attached are some photo-shopped ideas on a Tacoma from another forum. Thoughts on these as well.

Attachments

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I like the Toyota Trucks emblem better than the Toyota emblem. But I don't get paid to drive a billboard so I say debadge the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I like the old school TOYOTA emblem like on the old rigs. I think it may be too small for the Tundra however.

Reactions: MaylonTRD

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
dont like it

i like the tacoma tho

·
Registered
408 Posts
I can't stand logos/badges/stickers on my vehicles. Stickers are for kids.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I can't stand logos/badges/stickers on my vehicles. Stickers are for kids.
The first statement i have no problem with. Second sort of statement is for kids. :D

By the way, I am not a kid and i don't mind the logos/badges/stickers as long as they are tastefully done. I would love to get the raptor style one for Tundra.

Reactions: Off_Axis and Mickey

·
Registered
408 Posts
I will not bow down to Corporate sponsors........

Reactions: Deeters and Toxarch

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I will not bow down to Corporate sponsors........

That's admirable. I think I subscribe to the same principle of upholding our dignity.

I wish I could come up with simple formula though. My life would be so much simpler.

For instance, if I could convince myself that deadging will amount to not bowing down to Corporations, then I would do that in a heartbeat, whether or not badges are tasteful. How about painting the whole truck with non-factory color? Then again, where do you buy the paint from? Would it be okay if I simply cover the paint company logo on the paint can? How about putting non-factory motor? Where do you get the motor from? How about simply not buying the truck? Then what do I do with shoes I wear? I see the slippery slope everywhere. :confused:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
But I don't get paid to drive a billboard so I say debadge the whole thing.
A little OT, but, your statement reminds me of how many cars/trucks I see
with the tacky plastic dealer license plate frames (with logos, dealer name) they attach to your new ride.

It screams..."I bought my ride here".

Why do people leave them on????

Reactions: riccnick

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dunno, I kinda like people knowing that I drive a TOYOTA TUNDRA.. Don't mind the badging at all..

Now all that dealer shit, I tell them to take that crap off once I buy it while they do the detailing before you take it home. Some of the ones I see around here are incredibly gaudy. Luckily that last two Toyota dealerships I used only put the dealer plate holder on, no stickers, logos, or other crap..

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Don't care for badging on the sides. I want it smooth and where it shows lines, it shows the lines not the badges. I left the badge "Toyota Tundra" on the back but took off the dealership badge. I was asked why I took off the dealership badge by a service adviser. I told her you're willing to pay me for advertising? I don't advertise for any dealership. Now as far as a sticker being for kids is a bit overrated. Some stickers are in good taste. You can have too many stickers which makes it a little bit dumb.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
First day I yanked off the dealers sticker and slapped it up in my brothers tattoo shop in El Paso...let him advertise it!

Reactions: Deeters

·
Registered
697 Posts
I was also thinking trying to do a Raptor style as I like the way the grill looks. Attached are some photo-shopped ideas on a Tacoma from another forum. Thoughts on these as well.
Looks great yelp ! That be a nice addition ...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts