Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 SR5 TRD 5.7. I am looking at replacing it with a 2013 however there are no more TRDs for 2013 I guess because there are NONE in the state of Texas where I live. There is however an SR5 still w/5.7 and what is call the TSS package which is a port installed package vs the factory installed TRD package. It has black 20" wheels different nerf bars and does not have the Bilstein Shocks or offroad tuning. My TRD has a cold weather package for some reason which the new one does not have. These are the only packages available down here. My truck is fine but kind of decided that I want to change colors and freshen up what I have. So I am looking for your thoughts on this and whether my TRD is really just better to keep. I have beat the dealers up pretty well so I am getting a good price. My truck initially stickered for 34k while this new one stickers at 38k. I am getting the new one at a price of $30,481 and a trade of $23000. My truck has 24k on it mileage wise. Input appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
No point in getting rid of yours with 24k miles IMO
Taking a lose for a different color and a truck you don't know (even if its new)
Also sure you have done a few things to your current truck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sell your truck outright then buy the new one if you must have a new one. Don't limit yourself to buying a truck in Texas. A one way plane ticket is pretty cheap considering you are buying a new truck. Don't settle now or you will end up regretting later.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
KEEP IT!! Since 2010 they have gotten more expensive each year with less standard equipment. The '14 apparently isn't much different. Just some new sheet metal and a different dash.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I noticed yesterday while strolling at the dealer while my rig was being serviced that ALL the 2013 TRDs were Flex Fuel. The limited were also all Flex. The standard SR5 models with the 5.7 were not. I found that odd...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I noticed yesterday while strolling at the dealer while my rig was being serviced that ALL the 2013 TRDs were Flex Fuel. The limited were also all Flex. The standard SR5 models with the 5.7 were not. I found that odd...
I wouldn't get a flex fuel truck. (No offense to those who did)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts