Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta go buy tires tomorrow. I'm really torn between the Open Country AT2 and the BFG KO2. I've had 3 pair of KO's in the past and was perfectly happy with them but they were on a noisy 97 Tacoma. This time around they're going on a 2014 Tundra. Here's my biggest consideration between the two tires: road noise. Does anyone have first hand experience with both of these tires and could tell me definitively which tire has a more quiet ride or is the noise difference indiscernible? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Haha you are waiting a little late to be asking opinions. I have heard nothing but good things regarding the Toyos, but also a lot of good stuff about the BFG's. If you have been happy with them in the past, go with them again. If it were me, I would probably try to the Toyos, but I like switching it up as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. Lol- I agree. Nothing like trying to get info in the 11th hour. Actually, I have been reading a lot this last week and nothing really convinced me on the Toyos (which are the tires I need convincing since I've never ran them before). And like you, I like switching it up once in a while.
The KO's have proven themselves to be quiet tires, although my experience has been the KO2's were a little bit noisier. I just don't want to go with the Toyo's and be disappointed with the noise level.
One thing too is the KO's get progressively louder as they wear- wondering if the Toyo's do the same.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Consider this, Toyo offers a 45 day/500 mile guarantee, if you don't like them, just return them for full refund. So, you can try them and if you don't like them, go back and get the BFG's.

For the record I have no experience with the BFG's, but I had Toyo AT2 35x12.50r20's on my Superduty and loved them. In the 24,000 miles I put on them before I lifted it, they still had well over half the tread left.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Of the two tires, I only have experience running K02's on my 08. So i can't give you a comparison but I will say the K02's run quiet on my truck

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
"Cuzican"- you can't beat that for a guarantee. I went ahead and ordered the Toyo's. Thanks
Cool, post back your thoughts and pics of them! I'm considering these two tire selections as well.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ran my Toyo AT2 for 79k miles and still had a little tread left. I did not notice any noise increase as they increased in miles. Running Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 this time, and have 50k already and plenty of miles left. Both are fantastic tires. Never tried BFG KOs and doubt I will due to the lifespan of the Toyo/Nitto tires that I've experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had at2's and loved them. Would get again but i want little more grip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the KOs on my 12 DC and now have KO2s on my 17 CM and I think the KO2's are actually a bit quieter. Toyos look nice but if you are happy with BFGs in the past I would go with them!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Toyos on my truck and they are pretty good. They are down below 50% tread now and have gotten a little louder but not too bad. I don't really hear them with the windows up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts