Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2677 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Placement of controls on dash. The steering wheel hides the buttons on the right side . You better memorize them because if you need them while driving ,you'll have to turn the steering wheel to the left or right to see them or lay over on your right side and look behind the steering wheel . Good Luck ! Also the window and lock control buttons are not lighted at night front and rear ; a small thing but they should be . And ,for some reason Toyota removed the grab handle from the driver's side on the Tundra in 2014 but left it in the Sequoia (?) . I replaced mine with a kit from Sparks Toyota in South Carolina .Easy to do and makes the inside front look balanced ;also helps one getting in ! And it's harder to reset to check MPG on my 2019 SR5 ; it supposed to give last tank mpg when you refill ; not sure how that works ! Other than these quirks I like the Tundra ; (my third !)
I never understood why everyone is upset about it? I’ve never used it on other trucks and don’t miss it on the tundra. My wife is 5’4 and doesn’t need it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know that many do not use the grab handle ;I am 6'3" and I use it and my wife is 5'6" and she uses the passenger side handle but I am 79 and she is 77 . This is my third Tundra ;the first two had it . If Toyota thought that it wasn't needed why did they leave the passenger side handle? Maybe because there is not a steering wheel on that side but I do not like to use the steering wheel as a handle. I'm just glad that I can out it back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I totally Disagree
I agree with you. I routinely get under 200 miles from full tank to light... Mostly in town driving so I don't expect 14/17 as Toyota says but 9 or 10 mpg? Really?

I'm not heavy on the throttle and rarely ever tow. That's not just 9-10 reported by the truck, it's tracked by me every fill up and has been the average for the last 4000 miles that I tracked. I bought it used, probably wouldn't have if I knew I'd get 75% of the mpg it is sold at. I'd be totally ok with 13-14 average.

I'll be taking a long mostly highway trip in Feb, maybe it'll convince me that it isn't simply a gasshole.

Otherwise I love the truck, but spending $80 every few weeks just to travel around a small town is hard.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I agree with you. I routinely get under 200 miles from full tank to light... Mostly in town driving so I don't expect 14/17 as Toyota says but 9 or 10 mpg? Really?
I don't think I've gotten less than 14mpg on a tank, ever. No towing, but in town, headwinds, climbing hills. Big AT tires also.

Reactions: 24hrsparkey

·
Registered
353 Posts

I'm not heavy on the throttle and rarely ever tow. That's not just 9-10 reported by the truck, it's tracked by me every fill up and has been the average for the last 4000 miles that I tracked. I bought it used, probably wouldn't have if I knew I'd get 75% of the mpg it is sold at. I'd be totally ok with 13-14 average.

I'll be taking a long mostly highway trip in Feb, maybe it'll convince me that it isn't simply a gasshole.

Otherwise I love the truck, but spending $80 every few weeks just to travel around a small town is hard.
Somethings wrong if you’re getting 9-10. My truck gets around 14 in town.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to hear some of the other forum users opinions on how they feel about certain areas of their truck that they might dislike that other users love.

For me, I am very displeased with the DC's baby friendly capabilities. It is absolutely horrible. I knew I should have gone with the crewmax ha ha.

If I wanted a perfect world I would have gone with a mini-van.. Still trying to talk the old lady into letting me get one for her..

The more comfortable of position and not to mention the proper position of the baby seat (rear facing) the more uncomfortable it is for the passenger in the front.. But for me, I don't care how comfortable my passenger is, my sons life is more important to me.
I would like to hear some of the other forum users opinions on how they feel about certain areas of their truck that they might dislike that other users love.

For me, I am very displeased with the DC's baby friendly capabilities. It is absolutely horrible. I knew I should have gone with the crewmax ha ha.

If I wanted a perfect world I would have gone with a mini-van.. Still trying to talk the old lady into letting me get one for her..

The more comfortable of position and not to mention the proper position of the baby seat (rear facing) the more uncomfortable it is for the passenger in the front.. But for me, I don't care how comfortable my passenger is, my sons life is more important to me.
I hate that you can’t get in and drive away after remote startup without the engine shutting off and you have to start it again.
The tailgate requires a key. It should lock and unlock with the doors. Totally keyless except for the tailgate. It makes no sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not having all of the following! Should be standard or available:
1. Bed lights, especially helpful if you have a tonneau.
2. Tailgate should lock when doors lock.
3. Fold flat rear floor.
4. Tailgate step
5. More usb ports.
6. Outlets
7. Turn indicator lights on all side view mirrors
8. Same 4 wheel system as sequoia
9. A-pillar handle like sequoia

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love the truck, can't go anywhere without getting compliments on the inferno color, even when its dirty, the fuel mileage is about the only thing I don't care for other than the sound system which I'm replacing, the dual exhaust just needs an x-pipe to sound better. Didn't care for the handling but after adding the trd front and rear sway bars and the sumo springs it's now about perfect. I drive the truck pretty easy while trying to get a little better mileage (13.7) my 2016 Jeep SRT8 gets way better mileage and handles better and is a lot faster but I love the truck (2015 TRD Pro).

·
Registered
10 Posts
The alternator location for my 2007 blows. If you have a lift it's not so bad, (but still bad), but stock height sucks balls.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Poor mileage; thin, thin sheet metal; weak remote receiver to unlock doors (I'd like to find a way to improve this). I have after market trailer mirrors and I like the turn signals in them. I've only got 37K on my 011 SR5 DC but I've probably found all that I can gripe about by now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Toyota says it's fine. I assumed there was a problem too.
I've never seen 14mpg and I averaged by hand over 20-25 tanks now. Think it's about 10 if I checked my book now. Maybe I'll go to a different dealer or a shop nearby that specializes in Toyotas and see what they say, otherwise I might get rid of it.

I don't think I've gotten less than 14mpg on a tank, ever. No towing, but in town, headwinds, climbing hills. Big AT tires also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
don't like the nannies, or at least put a switch in so you can disable them. and both front seats should have six way adjustment to them. love everything else with the truck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I got that figured out, I was going to get a switch and hard wire it in just for that. what I really want to do is get a passenger seat and change it out so it would match the driver six way with lumbar

2641 - 2660 of 2677 Posts